• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Webb Simpson - US Open Champion

I love this Hossler kid. He just gave a phenomenal interview. Total dork, but he carries himself like a fucking CHAMPION. I was not as well composed as him when I was 17, I know that much.

I wish he had said "maybe this fall some of the girls will talk to me."

Damn, golf coverage bugs me. So they don't show Blake Adams all day, not a shot that I can remember, until his final putt, and he is tied for third with Nicolas Colsearts, who they followed all day long. I was watching on DVR, so I didn't know Adams was even contending until his final putt. I can understand the Tiger coverage, but at least give me the realistic picture of the tournament!

Bold prediction: Tiger plays the last four holes in at least two under, I'll guess three under to take the 54 hold lead.

Fail ha ha. Though I thought Tiger would play better. I am sure this will stop the "Is Tiger back?" talk for at least 1 week unless he comes out today and shoots like a 65 and shocks everyone.

Really would love to see Hossler play well today. I like Furyk and would be happy to see him win.

I love this Hossler kid. He just gave a phenomenal interview. Total dork, but he carries himself like a fucking CHAMPION. I was not as well composed as him when I was 17, I know that much.

He's probably going to be that dorky kid in high school no one talked to that becomes famous and wealthy and gets the last laugh.

Given Olympic's history, I hope we aren't all talking about Blake Adams' thrilling win around midnight tonight.

Here's a stat to chew on:

Ernie Els has only hit 13 fairways through 3 rounds. He's next to last in the field in that stat. He is also tied for first in putting. One of those two will have to give today. No way he can keep hitting it sideways and putt his way to a title.

To those who follow amateur golf closely, John Peterson has a chance to give a big "FU" to the USGA today. He was left off the 2011 Walker Cup team in favor of Blayne Barber in spite of being the NCAA Champ, Jones Cup Champ, round of 16 in the US Am, #7 in the world amateur rankings, and having lost a nationwide tour even as an amateur by a single stroke that summer.

The USGA let slip some rumors that Peterson was left off because he didn't get along with the rest of the team. Many writers saw right through that and honed on on the fact that Peterson skipped playing in the Western Amateur for financial reasons (amateur golf is damn expensive), and the selection committee held it against him.

A few members of that committee are on site at Olympic this week and I think it would be hilarious if Peterson wins.

I'm sure that I am in the minority (what else is new?), but I'd like to see Lee Westwood win today.

Well, it would be nice to see him actually win something that matters for once. I'm so tired of his world ranking being propped up by winning 3rd rate events in Europe and Asia. Hell, even his only PGA Tour win came because Robert Garrigus tripled the last hole in Memphis a couple years ago to allow Westwood to backdoor into a playoff.

Westwood has an immense golf game and I respect that, but I don't respect his lofty perch in the world rankings at all. He doesn't win nearly enough. He's the king of "almost" and backdoor top 5 finishes on Sunday.

Damn, golf coverage bugs me. So they don't show Blake Adams all day, not a shot that I can remember, until his final putt, and he is tied for third with Nicolas Colsearts, who they followed all day long. I was watching on DVR, so I didn't know Adams was even contending until his final putt. I can understand the Tiger coverage, but at least give me the realistic picture of the tournament!

Blake Adams was +6 after 3 holes and wasn't on the 1st page of the leaderboard until birdies on 17 (NBC showed that btw) and 18. Adams was playing with Thompson, who made no noise other than his birdie at #1. Colsearts started the day at +1 and was bogey free thru 14 holes and shared the lead at one point. Colsearts played with McDowell who was also at or near the top all day. Pretty sure NBC had somebody following McDowell. When Colsearts parred the 1st 6 holes, NBC rightly started paying attention to him. Johnny Miller did have a hard-on for him though.

I don't watch a ton of golf, but I do watch enough to know that's common and rightfully so. If someone makes a great play, I want to see it oven of they're out of contention.

They could easily rectify that problem by not saying "just a moment ago" before showing the highlight. They should simply introduce it like any other clip. I like Gary Koch a lot, but he is the worst offender in this regard.

Tiger doing his best Rory/Donald impersonation right now.

What a beautiful foggy San Fran afternoon. I'd give my left nut to be watching this in some bar off union square and getting all fucked up.

Back