• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wedding Songs

bojanglefunk

Reaction score
What was your first dance to and how did you pick it?

We are taking dance lessons and have a consultation tomorrow and are supposed to bring music.

We used Sinatra's "Cheek to Cheek." We wanted something upbeat, not weepy or sentimental. We didn't technically "swing," but we had a couple of fun moves worked in there. Was a big hit.

Billy Joel's "She's Got a Way". I had a few in mind, but this was the one she chose. I would have preferred Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".

etta james - at last

We thought about Etta, but it seems like everyone is giong with that song here lately. We decided to go with something a little more sentimental to us, and are keeping it hush hush until the wedding.

I have a couple friends who have done fast songs for their first dance and they'd pick a slower song if given another chance. They all said they were so exhausted by the time they got to the reception, they'd have preferred something slow and easy.

We looked into a dance consultant, but decided against it. I'm great at fast and classical dances, and she isnt as comfortable.

"Colour My World" by Chicago. Because it was Chicago.

Pistol - Dustin Kensrue will be our first dance. The song holds some special meaning for us.

#1 Stunna

You know me don't need no introduction and shit.

was not our first dance but she walked down the aisle to darth vader's theme.

I read something the other day that said "At Last" was the No. 1 requested song to wedding DJs in 2010.

Back