• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wedding Songs

We used the Beatles' In My Life.

QUOTE]

Great choice! When my son graduated from high school, we took out a half-page yearbook ad and had the lyrics along with a photo montage of his growing up. This same son got married recently, and their first dance was to Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey".

We did "Cant Help Falling In Love" by Elvis.

So did we. Great song, but we did Pearl Jam's cover from their 10th anniversary show in Las Vegas. PJ is my favorite band and I attended that show, so it was an easy selection considering my wife was a big fan too.

Official bootleg version has much better sound quality than this YouTube of course.

We used the Beatles' In My Life.

We picked it b/c the song we wanted to use(Blue Dogs' Carry your Heart) isn't a very danceable song. We used that as our cake cutting song.

99% sure In My Life was our cake cutting song.

We used Avett Brothers - "Swept Away"

It was the first song we every danced to our freshman year (when Avett played it live at the amphitheater downtown, if anyone else was there) and a great song regardless.

We did take a few dance lessons prior to the wedding. We're now respectable swing dancers, which is fun. Did a single-step swing (east coast swing) and it was great.

I know you didn't ask, but Father-Daughter was "I Loved Her First"

Ours too. It definitely made me tear up (and still does when my dad calls, it's his ringtone)

Our cake cutting was Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a wonderful world by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

We used Avett Brothers - "Swept Away"

It was the first song we every danced to our freshman year (when Avett played it live at the amphitheater downtown, if anyone else was there) and a great song regardless.

We did take a few dance lessons prior to the wedding. We're now respectable swing dancers, which is fun. Did a single-step swing (east coast swing) and it was great.

A wedding I went to a few weeks ago did this same thing. I love that song.

you're supposed to have a cake-cutting song? wtf?

I don't think most people do, but that song was "our song" and it didn't really fit in anywhere else in the wedding/reception, so we wanted as the cake cutting song.

It kind of backfired on us b/c the dj put the song on and went to take a smoke break - so the song repeated about 4 times before my best man hacked into the dj's computer and switched it up.

Yeah, I think it depends on the DJ. Ours asked about all that stuff and we were able to come up with songs pretty easily. He also asked us which songs we didn't want to hear (unless multiple people requested it). Think our Do Not Play list was 4 or 5 songs and all Jimmy Buffett songs.

Yeah, I think it depends on the DJ. Ours asked about all that stuff and we were able to come up with songs pretty easily. He also asked us which songs we didn't want to hear (unless multiple people requested it). Think our Do Not Play list was 4 or 5 songs and all Jimmy Buffett songs.

ha, for my bro's wedding they had a "do not play" list. several of the songs on that list ended up being played. i don't think the band paid a lick of attention to it.

We had a no electric slide rule for our band, but my wife's grandmother requested it and it happened.

I usually request the chicken dance just to see if the band will do it.

We had a no electric slide rule for our band, but my wife's grandmother requested it and it happened.

I usually request the chicken dance just to see if the band will do it.

We had a no YMCA rule, but several relatives asked the DJ for it, so he played it, and it ended up being hilarious with the groom & groomsmen really hamming it up.

Ours was "The Way You Look Tonight" by Sinatra. We had the Maxx who then proceeded to kill it with old school Michael Jackson, Earth Wind and Fire, etc. My brother who was a groomsman, had a good time on the dance floor that night as did everyone else.

Fast forward 18 months to his wedding- their first song was that 1,2,3 I Love You bullshit by the Plain White Tees with a rehearsed dance for which they had to take lessons. They had a DJ who refused to play Michael Jackson when I requested it because his wife had explicitly forbidden it and any other music that wasn't shitty pop or hip hop.

To each his own.

Back