• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wedding Songs

Something by Beyonce. Or actually anything performed on the NBC hit series "The Voice".

We used Avett Brothers - "Swept Away"

It was the first song we every danced to our freshman year (when Avett played it live at the amphitheater downtown, if anyone else was there) and a great song regardless.

We did take a few dance lessons prior to the wedding. We're now respectable swing dancers, which is fun. Did a single-step swing (east coast swing) and it was great.

Right now we are between this and moonriver.

Also I am glad we are taking the lessons (I actually suggested them) because nothing is worse than a bride and groom doing the high school dance sway in the middle of the floor.

I've been married for 20 years. Can't remember our wedding song...will have to check the betamax tape.

ha, for my bro's wedding they had a "do not play" list. several of the songs on that list ended up being played. i don't think the band paid a lick of attention to it.

Yeah, we had this and it made no difference. Our dj was terrible, but we got him on short notice.

We had a sweet band that was going to play for the reception (thy had learned about 5 songs that we wanted played and were going to let me play/sing with them for Carry Your Heart). Unfortunately the guitar player's brother died the Wednesday before our wedding, so understandably, the band had to cancel. They offered us two contacts - a lynyrd skynyrd cover band or this DJ. We picked the DJ. I offered to burn him a CD of mp3s that were all the songs that were on the band's playlist, but he said "No, I got this." I sent him some songs anyway so he'd hove the dance songs and the Blue Dogs song and a few songs that we'd like. He didn't use any of them and played pretty much all of our don't play list, plus the aforementioned song on repeat.

We danced to "Maybe I'm Amazed" by McCartney. Although we liked the song, our main reason for picking is was that the sample our band had on their website indicated that it would take them about two minutes to play the whole song. Real world, it took them like five minutes.

We just wanted to get in there, dance and start partying. The band wasn't having it. They went to town.

First song: Van Morrison, Have I Told You Lately

Last Song: Beatles, In My Life

If we could do it over, I think we both agree we would have used REM's You are the Everything (for the first song). Ironic for a wedding, perhaps, as the song is about fears of the future, but lovely (and less trite) nonetheless.

First Dance: Beatles, When I'm 64. We talked about getting lessons, but never got around to it. Groom was shockingly good, but of course I led.
Father-daughter got some praise from the parents' friends with Gonna Fly Now by Buffalo Springfield.

Our dj was told what songs and genres were not to be played and he listened. Very happy I didn't have to cut anyone on the day of the wedding.

First Dance: Beatles, When I'm 64. We talked about getting lessons, but never got around to it. Groom was shockingly good, but of course I led.
Father-daughter got some praise from the parents' friends with Gonna Fly Now by Buffalo Springfield.

Our dj was told what songs and genres were not to be played and he listened. Very happy I didn't have to cut anyone on the day of the wedding.

If you led then neither of you were dancing properly.

Don't care if it was proper, it worked. Many people who know the hubs were shocked at his dancing abilities.

Back