• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wednesday, take your pick: #94 Xavier (-2) @ #177 Wake Forest

Will Wake Forest beat Xavier on Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stonz

Reaction score
Xavier background:
-7-5 on the year
-Currently on a 3 game losing streak
-Best wins: Butler, @ Purdue
-Worst losses: Pacific, Wofford
-9 of their last 10 games have been decided by 7 points or less
-Last meeting: 83-75 Xavier, 2 years ago
-Only have 2 points from that game still on the roster (Jeff Robinson, who was suspended for their last game)

KenPom #s / observations:
-Projected score is 67-65 Xavier, in 65 possessions
-Wake Forest win probability: 43%
-X has a slightly better offense, much better defense
-Go to guy is Semaj Christon, a 4star freshman PG. He is their offense.
-Generally use about a 7 man rotation
-If Robinson is still suspended, they do not have a guy over 6-8
-3 of their top 7 shoots the 3 very well. Christon is not one of those 3.
-All 5 starters from last year's Sweet 16 team are gone

So, does [Redacted] equal his longest winning streak at Wake, or do we finish the non-conference schedule at 6-6?

Xavier has been terrible lately, they have a very hard time scoring 50 points. If we lose this one ,who do we beat?

I voted yes. Despite our improvements coming against Furman and UNC-G, there have been a lot of positive things on the court. If our freshmen continue their play then we will be right there in the end.

We just need to avoid a freshmen letdown game that is common with a team with a ton of freshmen.

The loss to Wofford makes me optimistic. We are basically on Wofford's level, right?

They've scored more than 70 points twice. In their last three games they've scored 45 (Cinn), 55 (Wofford) and 47 (Tenn). I like our chance against teams that have trouble scoring.

Watched UVA blow out Wofford today. Now UVA shot better than they usually do, but I was not impressed by Wofford. They have a good 2G, #32. But that's about it. Didn't Xavier lose a lot off of last year's team? Should be winnable, but I have my doubts.

CJ was out when we played wofford last year. Horrible and ugly game but not at all a blow out

I voted yes. For some reason I think we actually play somewhat-not-awfully-but-still-generally-crappy and win something like 69-60. Then the Braces and Schwabbers of the world will go crazy over our sparkling 7-5 record, only to feel equal parts shock and surprise when Duke absolutely skull fucks us on the 9th.

I voted yes. For some reason I think we actually play somewhat-not-awfully-but-still-generally-crappy and win something like 69-60. Then the Braces and Schwabbers of the world will go crazy over our sparkling 7-5 record, only to feel equal parts shock and surprise when Duke absolutely skull fucks us on the 9th.

It's like you read my mind.

If we play tough defense, then we might pull it off but I'm not expecting it. Have watched a few Xavier games, they're nothing special but I still feel a 5 to 7 pt loss coming.

I look forward to Schwabber crowing after the big win.

When we beat X, I'll post another "congrats Deacs" thread for sure. I waited a day after the UNC-G game and there was no positive thread. These kids deserve some support. They are playing hard and starting to play better basketball. Go Deacs!

Back