• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wednesday, take your pick: #94 Xavier (-2) @ #177 Wake Forest

Will Wake Forest beat Xavier on Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Wake takes this one - we have had a long time to gameplan for this one and Xavier has only had 3 days rest since losing to UT.

Absolutely. Given our stellar coaching, the extra time to game plan will almost certainly ensure success. Just like Nick Saban.

I voted yes. For some reason I think we actually play somewhat-not-awfully-but-still-generally-crappy and win something like 69-60. Then the Braces and Schwabbers of the world will go crazy over our sparkling 7-5 record, only to feel equal parts shock and surprise when Duke absolutely skull fucks us on the 9th.

5th

Going into this season, we had beaten just 4 teams in the top 150. Iowa (80) and UVA (94) in 2011, and Loyola (126) in last year's opener and VT (90) later in the season.

As to this year, Mercer is not in the top 150 currently, but is sitting at 152 and will likely get there. They account for our best win to this point. Xavier, projected to finish 7-9 in the A10 and with a current RPI of 100 to go along with their Kenpom ranking of 94, would be by far our best win yet this season, and arguably [Redacted]'s best to date.

Bzzz will cost us at least 10 points because of pathetic pre-game planning and in-game coaching decisions. X by 9.

I voted yes. For some reason I think we actually play somewhat-not-awfully-but-still-generally-crappy and win something like 69-60. Then the Braces and Schwabbers of the world will go crazy over our sparkling 7-5 record, only to feel equal parts shock and surprise when Duke absolutely skull fucks us on the 9th.

My thoughts on the game. Figure we will look good and the game will be spun by RW and Buzz as a sign that we are going to give Duke a great game.

I don't think they're dumb enough to say that unless they have a deal with Coach K to keep in within single-digits in the 1st half and win by 15 in a boring 2nd half.

I think a win against X would show actual improvement from the beginning of the season

It is silly to be too concerned about the result of this one game. Xavier is not playing well. We could win....so what. We have to play a bunch of frosh and have lots of other weaknesses. We could lose....so what. We're coming off the holiday break....never easy. I'll go out on a limb and say I'll be kind of impressed with us for one game if we get a convincing win simply because we'll have to play well to do that.....but there's no telling what might happen. Either way, the only important measure of our team will be how we've progressed by the end of Feb.

It is silly to be too concerned about the result of this one game. Xavier is not playing well. We could win....so what. We have to play a bunch of frosh and have lots of other weaknesses. We could lose....so what. We're coming off the holiday break....never easy. I'll go out on a limb and say I'll be kind of impressed with us for one game if we get a convincing win simply because we'll have to play well to do that.....but there's no telling what might happen. Either way, the only important measure of our team will be how we've progressed by the end of Feb.
Xavier is coming off a holiday break AND on the road.

While I get the gist of what you're saying, I could never imagine having a "so what" attitude toward a win. When I stop caring about the individual games, I'll stop calling myself a Wake fan and go do something else with my time. Perhaps wig modeling.

Xavier is coming off a holiday break AND on the road.

Xavier actually isn't coming off a holiday break. They played Saturday and lost by 4 @ Tennessee....

I expect Xavier's defense to give Wake fits but Wake will keep it relatively close because of X's offensive woes. Xavier wins a low-scoring bruiser...

They don't have more than 1000 pom poms to give out? Tickets start at $20? A poster featuring a junior and senior that says "New Look. New Energy."?

Back