• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 11 NFL thread

Good to see that sitting him for a week really humbled Desean Jackson...

Speaking of desean, someone needs to explain to me how a postplay penalty can be offsetting.

Yes, it must be so tough on you being a supporter of Liverpool. Not like they don't outspend nearly every club in the Premiership (including Manchester United.)

You really think Liverpool has a higher wage bill? You know, the thing on which a *salary cap* is based? Do you seriously think this?

Salary caps are terrible and that opinion has nothing to do with who I support. Doesn't really help the Mariners any for there to be no salary cap in MLB. Not that Seattle is near the bottom of spending or anything, but they surely aren't near the top either.

What would help the Mariners is to not have shitty players. Tampa Bay made the playoffs with a pathetic payroll and few fans in a shitty building. The Cardinals won the World Series with a middling payroll.

I don't really think salary caps are needed but I do think competitiveness is good, generally speaking. I think European soccer would be a lot healthier if the same few clubs didn't win everything all the time and more than half of the league wasn't eliminated from consideration for Europe practically before the season begins, and 3/4 of the league has zero chance to win the championship.

Speaking of desean, someone needs to explain to me how a postplay penalty can be offsetting.

I was wondering the same thing. It seemed like it should've been a 50 yard gain or whatever it was with a 15 yard dead ball penalty afterwards.

Desean is such a joke. Guy needs a good ass whoopin. He reminds me of Freddy Mitchell with talent.

If the Broncos and Eagles played, who would win?

Or would it be a 0-0 tie because both quarterbacks inspired their defenses so much that neither could score?

Ha I was thinking that.

Its nice to see a long 4th qtr drive, but if this Eagles D showed up all year they're something like 7-3 right now.

Don't worry ladies. Cutler's broken thumb is on his throwing hand, but it's not on his OTHER hand if you catch my drift.

So apparently that Desean play was called correctly as offsetting according to the rules, but if there was no Giants penalty, it would've been marched 15 yards back from the end of the play. So the Giants gained 40 yards by committing a penalty. Not that it ended up mattering much, but that is one retarded rule.

I don't really think salary caps are needed but I do think competitiveness is good, generally speaking. I think European soccer would be a lot healthier if the same few clubs didn't win everything all the time and more than half of the league wasn't eliminated from consideration for Europe practically before the season begins, and 3/4 of the league has zero chance to win the championship.

LOL it's more than 3/4ths that has no chance. It's 17/20ths.

LOL spoken like a Manchester United/Cowboys fan.

Surprised you don't root for the Yankees too.

"Absolutely," LeBron James says. "Any time you have so much history and so much power behind their story, there is great potential to continue that expansion. Liverpool are definitely one of those clubs. They really are like Man U – and the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Yankees. There are some teams and logos you see, no matter where you are in the world, and you know exactly who they are and what they mean. I see Liverpool in that group."

Something about a pot and kettle come to mind... :plos:

Because Lebron is the arbiter of all in sports.

Though I guess there are certain parallels between the Cowboys and Liverpool...neither one's won a title in a long time and the downfall of both started when the coach that led them to glory stepped down. Maybe the Cowboys should hire back Jimmy Johnson?

Is there a Cowboys fan boom-bust chart? I don't think Liverpool can match Dallas fans for unfounded bombast.

Liverpool can match anyone in the world with unfounded bombast. Let's be serious here.

Liverpool can match anyone in the world with unfounded bombast. Let's be serious here.

You would think that. I doubt you've ever worked in a workplace full of Liverpool supporters though.

Ohio State fans could probably match or exceed the Cowboys fans. Not much else could.

Can anybody explain to me why the chiefs didn't challenge illegal touching on the onside kick? Is that not reviewable?

Back