• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 11 NFL thread

I love the NFL but I am starting to come around. The NFL is a fraud. There are 2-3 good teams...a ton of mediocre teams and 4-5 bad teams. Is that a good product? How is this sport so popular?

Americans love close games. There's a big part of your answer, IMO.

I love the NFL too but no way has this year even competed with college. I was looking at the games prior to kickoff and you cant even find random games to intrigue you this year. I'm all for parity but this is taking it to another level.

Salary caps are the worst thing to happen to sports. Destroys the product and is inherently un-American. I hate them so much.

Salary caps are the worst thing to happen to sports. Destroys the product and is inherently un-American. I hate them so much.

LOL spoken like a Manchester United/Cowboys fan.

Surprised you don't root for the Yankees too.

Manningham singlehandedly just lost fantasy football for me this week. Down 3 points and he managed 4 yards total?

I love the NFL but I am starting to come around. The NFL is a fraud. There are 2-3 good teams...a ton of mediocre teams and 4-5 bad teams. Is that a good product? How is this sport so popular?

It's not just a fraud, it's boring. I elected to work today rather than watch. I am actually DONE with the nfl.

LOL spoken like a Manchester United/Cowboys fan.

Surprised you don't root for the Yankees too.

Yes, it must be so tough on you being a supporter of Liverpool. Not like they don't outspend nearly every club in the Premiership (including Manchester United.)

Salary caps are terrible and that opinion has nothing to do with who I support. Doesn't really help the Mariners any for there to be no salary cap in MLB. Not that Seattle is near the bottom of spending or anything, but they surely aren't near the top either.

Back