• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 17 NFL

Cleveland may have to trade up to get RG3. While neither StL nor Min are in the QB market, Was is, and they're right behind Cle. So either can sell their pick to the highest bidder and still get a premier player and another pick or 2.

Yep. QB's of his caliber don't come along very often.

Agree. And it sounds like Luck to the Colts is almost a fait d'accompli. Unless RG3 wows them more than Luck. But Luck is prolly the safer of the 2.

The interesting thing with Indy to me is not whether they're going to draft Luck but whether they keep Manning. My 1st thought was they would hold onto Manning till the draft then trade him to the highest bidder. No reason to keep both when you can trade Manning for a couple of good picks to help your very depleted roster. But the problem with that is they have to pay Manning something like a $26mil roster bonus in order to keep him or else he's essentially cut. I'm finding it hard to rationalize paying out $26mil to someone who I don't want to keep. And if they don't give him the bonus, then he's a FA.

If he becomes a FA, it'll be interesting to see where he goes. I would think the contenders would be NYJ, Was, Mia and SF. If I'm Manning, I have all the $$ in the world and more than anything I'd want a 2nd ring. Snyder would prolly throw the most $$ at him, but SF and maybe NYJ give him the best chance at another ring.

The other thing I'd do if I'm Irsay is I'd fire both Caldwell and the Polians. Just google Colts drafts and look at their last 6-7 drafts. Maybe the worst drafting in the NFL over that period. If you're gonna start over with a new franchise QB, it's more than time to start with a new coach and FO.

Cleveland may have to trade up to get RG3. While neither StL nor Min are in the QB market, Was is, and they're right behind Cle. So either can sell their pick to the highest bidder and still get a premier player and another pick or 2.

Doubt StL can really pass on Kalil. Perfect fit to make an immediate impact and protect Bradford

That then leaves MIN to potentially make the trade. Definitely possible, though not sure how much teams are willing to give up for Griffin. Far from a safe pick.

Doubt StL can really pass on Kalil. Perfect fit to make an immediate impact and protect Bradford

That then leaves MIN to potentially make the trade. Definitely possible, though not sure how much teams are willing to give up for Griffin. Far from a safe pick.

Ponder needs weapons at WR. Good chance that they take Blackmon anyway, leaving Kalil to StL at #4. Plus Reiff would likely be available if they trade down with Was. Just saying that they can possibly load up on picks if they trade down. An extra 2nd and 3rd and maybe more to a team without much talent is pretty valuable.

Third overall seems awfully high for a WR whom few project as a legit #1. Dude is basically Anquan Boldin or a slightly lesser version of Dez Bryant.

I'm pretty sure boldin is a #1 and Dez is definitely a future #1

The Redskins play @ St. Louis and vs. Minnesota for the third year in a row. They've also played the Rams 5 years straight.

The Fighting Tebows play in Charlotte next season, too.

The Pats schedule has been out for a while, but now seems a perfect time to comment on how easy their schedule looks next year. :)

I think Robert Griffin III is going to benefit from Cam's rookie season. While obviously not the same physical specimen Newton is, RGIII has a very similar skill set and I think teams will be more willing to "take the chance" so to speak now that Cam has proven that selecting a QB with rushing skill very high isn't necessarily a tremendous risk.

who the eff blames the polians for this mess but not caldwell? I can see being pissed at the polians. Drafts have sucked. But Caldwell has steadily regressed every year.

who the eff blames the polians for this mess but not caldwell? I can see being pissed at the polians. Drafts have sucked. But Caldwell has steadily regressed every year.

The Polians and Caldwell should all be gone. Their drafts have been a joke and Caldwell cant coach worth of shit.

Wait for it....

Caldwell will be gone soon enough. As for the Polians, I respect Jim Irsay even more for pulling the trigger on them. He's taking heat from the media because the idiots in the media only seem to remember the Bill Polian from the late 80s to early 2000s and have conveniently forgotten that he's completely whiffed on 7 straight drafts. We're talking Matt Millen bad. Add to that Bill has been in the process of stepping away while his son has been running the show. Quite poorly at that. And if you read between the lines of what Irsay said, he's essentially saying there's a 2% chance his new GM will want to keep Caldwell. I think he's going about this the right way - 1st get rid of the guys who have done nothing for your roster in a long time and then let your new GM pick his guy.

Back