• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Watched the Mac game and the post game interview and he seems like a solid catch. Ready to head back to Groves in the fall.

Just traded tweets with Kenny Beck. He hasn't heard anything about a 9:00 am press conference.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Can people start compiling articles about how awesome he is at other aspects of running the program (like we got w/ Lembo) such as community outreach, academics, etc?? The only one I've read was that one about lessons as a grad assistant or whatever.

And also, it really sucks that we missed out on another potential blogger and poster.

I can't wait for the fucking idiots out there to wonder why we give Clawson our full support from day 1 but not [Redacted]. Should be an entertaining series of posts trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson.

Those conversations should begin and end with championships.

I have no problem with the hire. I have no problem with how the search went down (based on current information) and I have absolutely no problem with Clawson. Remains to be seen if he actually does win here, but he certainly CAN win here.

Now THAT is a ringing endorsement!

I previously stated my preference for Lembo. But I'm cautiously excited about Clawson.

That's me, I would've been ecstatic with Limbo, but tempered excitement with Clawson. Nothing really matters until we see what gets put on the field.

My first choice was Lembo. Curious if Clawson demanded the same kinds of things and Wellman felt more inclined to acquiesce based on personality.

What if he got Clawson for 1M?

If Clawson was willing to sign for $300k less than the lowest paid ACC coach (a guy who had no head coaching experience and wasn't really considered an elite coordinator either btw) then I'd be pretty concerned about him having some skeletons in his closet.

To put it simply, I wouldn't want a head coach, in football or basketball, who would sign a contract with a high major conference for $1M / year.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 7m
#WakeForest has offered Dave Clawson its head coaching job, source just told CBS.

@jordanstrack reporting that there is a private plane in the air right now that has left from detroit and heading to Greensboro.

Cant wait for the fun to start up again around March 15 when we start looking for a basketball coach

Just in case anybody is interested, Sagarin has Bowling Green at 27th in the country and they would be roughly a ten point favorite over Ball State.

Back