• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Bears repeating that Wellman didn't string this out with a postseason meeting and time for Grobe to decide. He moved. And we got our coach before the carousel really got going.

Yeah. You have to tip your hat when credit is due. I said at the beginning that Wellman needed to win the presser, and he delivered. As Strickland noted, this dude is the most qualified HC hired by Wake probably ever.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

Yeah. You have to tip your hat when credit is due. I said at the beginning that Wellman needed to win the presser, and he delivered. As Strickland noted, this dude is the most qualified HC hired by Wake probably ever.

Most definitely. If we continue to want to remain effective in being a united voice against Bz, we need to give credit where it is due, and realize this is a great hire. Everything we could have wanted in a football hire. Proven success, has won championships, not too young, not too old, private school background, and a good bit of momentum on the national scene.

Truly a great hire by Wellman. All Wellman now has to do is fire Bz and make a great basketball hire and he will be able ride out into the sunset as his career at Wake winds down. I hope he realizes that. Until Bz is gone, there will be no rest for him as AD. He has taken the first step towards gaining the respect of the fan base back. The next step is crucial. There are many fans that will never forget the Bz debacle, but two great hires to conclude his time here at Wake would make for a heck of a comeback story.

No, Ron, he went to Tennessee after Richmond. Nice exclusion.

Can't wait until we're a national power in the FCS. Everything is going according to plan.

Back