• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Richard Washington

The haters should definitely continue to ignore Washington's Cincy offer - doesn't fit in with their #hotsportstakes

He had a great summer, Cincy, G Tech, Miami, VCU and California were starting to show heavy interest.

This video is from a year ago....he has improved a good bit since then.

Here is a video from 6 months ago

I just like his passing. He makes tough plays look pretty routine. The more I find, the more I like. Can't really figure out his lack of hype.

Last edited:
While he does lacks elite athleticism, he does a nice job of hanging in the air and creating shots for himself. Seems to be a very controlled player who has an innate ability to get his shot off under pressure

We will have some serious shooters next year

But the question remains in that will we have some serious makers this coming season? We had all kinds of wild shots coming from outside from Madison and CMM but not many makes.

Madison and CMM arent known for shooting and never were. Childress shoots it extremely well, Woods led C USA in 3pt shooting as a frosh and Washington can shoot lights out so your point is irrelevant.

Madison and CMM arent known for shooting and never were. Childress shoots it extremely well, Woods led C USA in 3pt shooting as a frosh and Washington can shoot lights out so your point is irrelevant.

He asked about this coming season, so I don't know what your point is...

Crawford looks like he will be a better shooter than CMM and Madison, but I am also expecting to see some improvement from CMM, too.

Outside of that, it looks like most of our perimeter shooting is going to come from Dinos/Crab.

Welcome Richard! Hope to ride down from Richmond and get to watch you play this fall and winter. Look forward to your being a Deac!

He asked about this coming season, so I don't know what your point is...

Crawford looks like he will be a better shooter than CMM and Madison, but I am also expecting to see some improvement from CMM, too.

Outside of that, it looks like most of our perimeter shooting is going to come from Dinos/Crab.

And you forgot our best 3pt shooter from last year...

None of those guys has attempted an ACC shot yet. Joey Ammo and Chase Fischer were "lights out" shooters coming in as well. Unless you are talking about extremely high end recruits (which we are not), then nobody knows what we are getting until they actually start playing real competition.

To be fair, Chase Fischer was a lights out shooter going out.

The fact that Washington is not ranked that highly at this point doesn't bother me - not every player needs to be an All American and I have confidence in Manning's ability to see diamonds in the rough. I do think though that it highlights the need to get a couple of highly rated, ready to go, guys with some of our remaining scholarships. Feeling better about Wright now and am cautiously optimistic that this will be a very good class.

None of those guys has attempted an ACC shot yet. Joey Ammo and Chase Fischer were "lights out" shooters coming in as well. Unless you are talking about extremely high end recruits (which we are not), then nobody knows what we are getting until they actually start playing real competition.

fischer shot 41% from 3 at about 13 ppg last year at byu. don't lump him with joes "put up your dukes" ammo

I like Washington a good bit better than Harris at this stage. The size difference is considerable and is court vision and feel is much better. Harris was pretty much just a scorer. He was a very good one for us, but he rarely created for other people. I think Washington can distribute (he isn't going to play PG, but I think by year two or three he could bring it up if they were hounding our PG).

this guy will not be as good as cj harris, cmon

Who knows what Washington will be. Harris was a mediocre prospect that became a very good player. I am just commenting on the two players as rising seniors in high school. Washington is a better prospect at this point.in my opinion. Who knows what kind of player he will become. Most of that is on him and our coaching staff.

That's fair. CMM probably will never be a good outside shooter but he can improve his ball handling, playmaking, and to the basket game.

Back