• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman email ... Bzz staying

they may not have been bzz's recruits but only two players, cj and ty, ever played for a college coach that was not bzz. they may not have been the "type" of kid he might normally recruit but they should have been a clean slate from a teaching (in college). any good coach should have been able to change up to match the strengths of the kids he has on the team. or you can just force everyone to play in a way that will not help them be successful. i think we know which path bzz took.

There's been no indication that CJ is not the type of player [Redacted] would recruit. Same goes for Travis and Carson.

There's been no indication that CJ is not the type of player [Redacted] would recruit. Same goes for Travis and Carson.

agreed. if this was in reference to my post i was just saying i don't buy "not his recruits" as an excuse for how poorly things have gone.

No way this letter is real. Despite the whole Bz debacle, I still have way too much respect for Wellman to believe that he could write anything this sloppy, or this condescending. No way it's real.

What's troubling is that a lot of intelligent WF grads (myself included at first) really believed it was real, because Wellman's actions (or lack thereof) seem to reflect the sentiments in the letter. So whether the letter is real or not, we're f*cked. (Hey, a new thing for WF to stand for!)

Its real. I can now confirm.

Well, then all doubt seems to have been removed...

#WellmanOUT

And what is anyone here going to do about it? Post 20 more times how upset they are? Send an e-mail to Wellman and Hatch? If anything this message board probably emboldens Wellman, he can point to it and say look at the 'lunatic fringe' (and if people are honest and evaluate some of the comments posted here you'd have to say he'd have a good argument).

The only hope for near term change is to mobilize the greater mass of Wake Alums. The internet and the new technology is a tool that can/should be used to make that happen.

That being said, I'm old, what do I know.

Continue on in the same ineffective direction. It's going to be a long year or two.

And what is anyone here going to do about it? Post 20 more times how upset they are? Send an e-mail to Wellman and Hatch? If anything this message board probably emboldens Wellman, he can point to it and say look at the 'lunatic fringe' (and if people are honest and evaluate some of the comments posted here you'd have to say he'd have a good argument).

The only hope for near term change is to mobilize the greater mass of Wake Alums. The internet and the new technology is a tool that can/should be used to make that happen.

That being said, I'm old, what do I know.

Continue on in the same ineffective direction. It's going to be a long year or two.

Isn't the severe decline in game attendance a change that should have Wellman's attention? He can't blame that on the "lunatic fringe."

OK. Sounds like this is actually real. Forget all the condescension and delusional spin. Our AD badly misspelled the name of a guy who started more than half of our games this season. Above everything else, that's inexcusable.

If BSD says its real, I'm going with real.

The email was forwarded to me by somebody I trust and I was very confident it was legit. Even still I had doubts about it being legit given the typos and Carson's name. I thought long and hard before I posted it and eventually decided even with the risk of it being fake, the odds were strong that it is legit and the fanbase deserved to know what was going on. Some may say I was reckless but given the state of or program I felt it should have been put out there.

OK. Sounds like this is actually real. Forget all the condescension and delusional spin. Our AD badly misspelled the name of a guy who started more than half of our games this season. Above everything else, that's inexcusable.

no no no. ronnie clearly stated in his letter that we are not to disrespect and be mean to the kids choosing to transfer. there is no way he would misspell one of their names. also, he would not disrespect them by implying at least one had below a 2.6 gpa. because, you know, that would be disrespectful to provide such a hint of an academic situation. he's an educator dammit! and respectful. and honest.

I read that note to say:

Hey Travis, we boned two years ago and now we're friends and occasional fuck buddies. Hand job whenever you want it -- at the very minimum -- if you stay at Wake Forest. I know there are like 40,000 pairs of hands and lips at VCU, but a bird in the hand ...

love,
#grind

I read that note to say:

Hey Travis, we boned two years ago and now we're friends and occasional fuck buddies. Hand job whenever you want it -- at the very minimum -- if you stay at Wake Forest. I know there are like 40,000 pairs of hands and lips at VCU, but a bird in the hand ...

love,
#grind

Weird.

It's real. I think the problem people have had confirming or verifying is that since it was shared only with the DC board, it was likely intended to remain confidential (such that none of the recipients wanted to admit to sharing it). From what I understand, it is standard policy for DC board meetings that info shared there stays in the room. I do not know how that applies to written correspondence or what, if any, instruction was sent with this or any similar emails.

It is amazing that it has taken basically two days to resolve that issue. But the letter is both so bad and so "good" that using common sense to assess it didn't necessarily help. It reminded me of the Debbie Yow email sent to State fans during the BB coaching search last year. And you would think Wellman would be well above that.

Last edited:
no no no. ronnie clearly stated in his letter that we are not to disrespect and be mean to the kids choosing to transfer. there is no way he would misspell one of their names. also, he would not disrespect them by implying at least one had below a 2.6 gpa. because, you know, that would be disrespectful to provide such a hint of an academic situation. he's an educator dammit! and respectful. and honest.

That was actually the one part I appreciated, because I had emailed RW a few days ago asking about APR, and I specifically requested that he provide details - not names, but I wanted to hear more than "we are OK." It is good to hear that two of the three transfers will not hurt our APR, though I wish we knew even more - ie how many of the guys who left in the previous few years were in good academic standing.

Isn't the severe decline in game attendance a change that should have Wellman's attention? He can't blame that on the "lunatic fringe."

Not really, the logic would go 'we had two bad season's so you'd expect attendance to fall off'. Once we start winning attendance will be back.' Since Wellman believes Bzz can do this he sees it as a matter of getting more wins in the future. That 'rationalization' does not lead Ron to see the 'lunatic fringe's POV.

And just show me any 'results' of the constant rants about Bzz and Wellman. I think many have posted here if Ron would have just said 'I know times are tough and we are all suffering through this .....' that many would been able to deal with some of the issues better. Ron doesn't seem to think this is necessary and certainly hasn't picked up on that public relations issue he could have solved for nothing.

He probably rationalizes it away as the bad economy causing it.

Back