• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Says Bz will be back

I already brought up Kansas in '05, '06. So J.R. Giddens, Keith Langford, Aaron Miles, Wayne Simien, Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun

The 2010 Kansas team was even more talented and lost to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round.

Kansas won the Big 12 Tournament both seasons before losing to Bradley and Northern Iowa. 7 postseason wins and 2 banners. Bradley was a bad loss, but I'd trade either of those years for any Dino year. Not to mention the 09-10 year was sandwiched between Sweet 16 and Elite 8 appearances...

Those seasons aren't even close to as bad as Dino's.

DC, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. You are really something.

Georgia Tech lately has been about the same as Wake with regards to talent not equaling March wins. Crittenden, Thad Young, Lawal, Favors, etc

DC, do you mean that one Dino season where we underachieved, we didn't win the ACC? The one season that proved Dino would never win in the post season? Or do you mean the season after that, when we had to replace 2 1st round NBA draft picks, and our go to shooter was Gary Clark, and our PG shot 30% from the FT line. I think that you're mistakenly placing the expectations from '09 onto '10, when they were clearly two different teams. Do you think because we had an undrafted free agent PG that we should have set the world on fire? We had Ish, AFA, and a bunch of role players.

Last edited:
Georgia Tech lately has been about the same as Wake with regards to talent not equaling March wins. Crittenden, Thad Young, Lawal, Favors, etc

Sure, there are plenty of examples, but really, WGAF? Everybody except Bid and a few other dopes agree that Dino wasn't the coach to get us where we wanted to go and needed to be replaced. The only relevance of any other team underachieving with NBA talent is when our current doofus coach had two NBA players on his roster and couldn't reach a (merit-based) tournament at all, much less win a game there.

It seems to me that many people on here have just blurred all of Dino's tenure together, like we were #1 and stacked the entire time, and should have hung multiple banners. The truth is that we met expectations in 07-08, we flamed out in 08-09, and we met expectations in '10. If you're going to use your time machine to paint Dino as this adject failure, you should teach LD and AFA to shoot, and give Tony Woods some talent and a set of balls, while you're there.

Wellman seems to be ignoring the fans. Just run along now there and keep buying the tickets. Don't you just worry your little old head about what your betters are doing and keep cheering, even when there's nothing particular to cheer about.

It's a risky tactic. It's easier to change the AD than the fans.

so...we get to sit back and watch the program that we love go up in flames!?!?........this will really test your allegiance...SMH

so...we get to sit back and watch the program that we love go up in flames!?!?........this will really test your allegiance...SMH

It already has. Just look at the stands. :( Someone wake me in 5 years when Wellman & [Redacted] are gone and we're upper echelon ACC again. Please! Maybe 10 years... My wife actually brought me a Syracuse shirt back from her trip last week and said. "I thought you needed a new team."

That's how bad it's gotten...

Also I can't be the only person who thinks that Dan put the last comment in there the way he did full-well knowing that it was going to irk the fanbase. Disco Dan is definitely Bzz-out at this point and I think it was a subtle shot at Wellman and a call of arms of sort to the fanbase.

Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but there's no way that the wording of that last line is simply a coincidence is there?

Nope, definitely not a coincidence. I said the same thing in my post earlier in the thread. Both Dan and Wellman are trolling us a bit with that one.

Nope, definitely not a coincidence. I said the same thing in my post earlier in the thread. Both Dan and Wellman are trolling us a bit with that one.

Ya don't say!

0DuiU.png

In today's WSJ

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2...lman-says-[Redacted]-will-be-back-ar-1966395/

Reading that gave me a "gut feeling"

Dagger...and we all knew it was coming. Agree that it's not the fact that he's coming back, but the delusional sense that RW seems to display to the media. Best way to describe this is spirit-crushing.

So now this coach is swearing at your own fans in the stands? What the fuck?

He should be lucky anyone comes to those games.

Back