• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman speaks...sort of

We used to be able to go on the road and compete, but that seems like ancient history at this point.

The crowing over the Carolina win looks a lot like the crowing over the football win against State.

AD speak. Bzzz is gone at the end of the year barring a massive turnaround.
Definitely AD speak. Most of what this board goes ape shit over has been AD speak...been getting trolled for years.

And yeah, he's gone this year unless he can turn something around in a big way...for the reasons I've been pushing for the past 3 years. :).

And now they are 11-5, get on a plane, ride home and get ready to face an improving NC State team at 9:00 on Wednesday. Oh well, we do have that 11 game home winning streak they just showed on TV.

RW will continue to maintain this position until the moment he announces with regret that Bz has resigned at the end of the season.

Why even answer? If it's all a load of crap then just ignore the letters and don't answer. Garbage is insulting.

Please respond with:

Mr. Wellman,

When you discuss to the "very good win vs. UNC," are you referring to the team in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, that is currently 0-3 in conference play or the team in Greensboro that is currently 9-9 on the season? Surely you cannot mean wins over either of those teams are "good," but I do not see another UNC on our schedule.

Also, please define historically competitive. I searched this term on the Google machine, but nothing came up. Should I try Bing? Please advise.

Im waiting to see what happens on the road at Clemson and vetch. Pitt is in my opinion the best team in the acc. If we are not 3-2 after the vtech game then I'm seriously concerned.

Definitely AD speak. Most of what this board goes ape shit over has been AD speak...been getting trolled for years.

And yeah, he's gone this year unless he can turn something around in a big way...for the reasons I've been pushing for the past 3 years. :).

Plenty of people on this board do not go "ape shit" about RW's AD speak. It's insulting and condescending in its presentation (similar to you), but plenty of people understand that he's obviously not happy with [Redacted]'s results and has been only trying to save face the past 4 years from admitting that he made a huge mistake by trying to be the smartest man in the room when maybe he actually isn't all that smart

"historical competitiveness" is code for LOWF. you guys realize this, right?

"historical competitiveness" is code for LOWF. you guys realize this, right?

Well said. He's saying we don't need to be any better than we've been.

RW will continue to maintain this position until the moment he announces with regret that Bz has resigned at the end of the season.

You're accurate with your posts, but why should we believe this - Wellman continues to defy all odds by retaining [Redacted]

keep sending him those letters.

it'll be interesting to see how his response evolves as our record gets progressively worse

It's hilarious how the chair of the Selection Committee would point to our unbelievably misleading 11-4 (now 5!) record as reasons to be supportive of this regime.

Average kenpom ranking of the 16 teams we've played this year? 153.25. With many opponents below 300. So yes, as we all know, but the idiots that be do not, these are cake walks.

Plenty of people on this board do not go "ape shit" about RW's AD speak. It's insulting and condescending in its presentation (similar to you), but plenty of people understand that he's obviously not happy with [Redacted]'s results and has been only trying to save face the past 4 years from admitting that he made a huge mistake by trying to be the smartest man in the room when maybe he actually isn't all that smart
Where is there evidence that Wellman is obviously not happy with Bz?

Wellman hired the wrong coach to execute a poorly thought out strategy and replace a guy he personally disliked for IMO bad reasons. Now all he has to do is let Bz fail to win with a experienced team of Bz players (or win), and he "saves face"...and he knew that the entire time. All he had to do was let it play out. It was the only end game possible IMO.

Where is there evidence that Wellman is obviously not happy with Bz?

Wellman hired the wrong coach to execute a poorly thought out strategy and replace a guy he personally disliked for IMO bad reasons. Now all he has to do is let Bz fail to win with a experienced team of Bz players (or win), and he "saves face"...and he knew that the entire time. All he had to do was let it play out. It was the only end game possible IMO.

Common sense.

Back