• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman speaks...sort of

Average kenpom ranking of the 16 teams we've played this year? 153.25. With many opponents below 300. So yes, as we all know, but the idiots that be do not, these are cake walks.

I think Limbaugh would call them "low information Wake fans." Those are your remaining BzInners.

I'm glad the most important thing in all this is our AD saves face. Paramount importance. F him. When a mistake is made you man up and admit it. You don't drag things on and on in a lame attempt to save face.

I'm glad the most important thing in all this is our AD saves face. Paramount importance. F him. When a mistake is made you man up and admit it. You don't drag things on and on in a lame attempt to save face.

You do if you are an egotistical jackass...

And now they are 11-5, get on a plane, ride home and get ready to face an improving NC State team at 9:00 on Wednesday. Oh well, we do have that 11 game home winning streak they just showed on TV.

Uh, Ncsu lost at home by 30 today to UVA.

I'm a bit worried that we'll be able to knock off Duke, UNC and NCSU. That would be bad news.

I'm a bit worried that we'll be able to knock off Duke, UNC and NCSU. That would be bad news.

I agree. That's the worst part of having bzzz...our wins make you feel a little sick when you think what they could mean.

Im waiting to see what happens on the road at Clemson and vetch. Pitt is in my opinion the best team in the acc. If we are not 3-2 after the vtech game then I'm seriously concerned.

You've heard of a team called Syracuse right?

'Cheering to many victories" seriously sounds like something antwan scott heard in north korea. Who talks like that in real life? Do ad minions moonlight writing fortune cookies?

I wrote Wellman after the UVA debacle. I was frustrated and needed to vent. I respectfully outlined my concerns and pled with RW to make a change sooner rather than later. Surprisingly, I got a reply a few days later. It is most certainly a canned response but it fully reflects the frustrating arrogance and tone deafness our AD has exuded over the past couple of years. Really? This is the best he (aka one of his minions) can do? Hope he's watching our historically competitive play today.

Here is is...

Thanks for your thoughts about the status of our basketball program. Our basketball team is 11-4 with a very good win vs. UNC...and a very frustrating loss vs. UVA. Our stated goal this year is to return to our historical competitiveness and we are in good position to do exactly that. This can be a good year for us and I encourage you to support this young team in their efforts to re-establish our program to the level that we all desire.

Thanks again for your support. I look forward to cheering our team on to many victories with you this year.

Go Deacs!

Ron Wellman
Director of Athletics
Wake Forest University Athletics
PO Box 7265 | Winston-Salem, NC 27109
o (336) 758-5616 | f (336) 758-6090
www.WakeForestSports.com
@DemonDeacons | #GoDeacs

Your are certainly a truly special person to have warranted a reply from oh great and powerful oz ad. I got one of these 2 years ago when I made the same type of well reasoned plea to take a hard look at both basketball and football. Since then I have made a number of the same type of even handed, reasoned arguments but have not received a reply since. His arrogance is monumental.

AD speak. Bzzz is gone at the end of the year barring a massive turnaround.

I'm assuming the same thing.

I hate losing. I really hate losing. I don't have to hate Bzz -- he's not worthy of the emotional energy -- to be completely unhappy about what he's done to our basketball program, about how he's let down these kids on this team, and about what is likely to happen to Childress and Larue because of Bzz. I also don't want to be an apologist for Wellman. However, I can't find fault with his response. It would be neither appropriate nor beneficial for him to publicly state, during the middle of these kids' season, what a sorry job the coach has done. A little class and restraint, as he has exercised here, is not usually harmful.

I'm assuming the same thing.

I hate losing. I really hate losing. I don't have to hate Bzz -- he's not worthy of the emotional energy -- to be completely unhappy about what he's done to our basketball program, about how he's let down these kids on this team, and about what is likely to happen to Childress and Larue because of Bzz. I also don't want to be an apologist for Wellman. However, I can't find fault with his response. It would be neither appropriate nor beneficial for him to publicly state, during the middle of these kids' season, what a sorry job the coach has done. A little class and restraint, as he has exercised here, is not usually harmful.

Yeah I understand that he can't speak out on the issue but sometime over the last 3 1/2 season he could have acknowledged the truth of the situation and assured all of us that appropriate action would be taken if CERTAIN specified goals were not met.

First of all, BZZZ will be here next year. Second, we beat UNC, thus we are historically competitive. We have a chance to beat all of our instate rivals. Again historically competitive. No matter that UNC is now at the bottom of the ACC, no matter that we are 1 -28 on the road in league games. We beat UNC. That is all that is required of a Wake coach, and you don't have to do it every year. If we beat State, BZZZ may be here beyond next year. Get used to it guys and find something else to be interested in sportswise.

Your are certainly a truly special person to have warranted a reply from oh great and powerful oz ad. I got one of these 2 years ago when I made the same type of well reasoned plea to take a hard look at both basketball and football. Since then I have made a number of the same type of even handed, reasoned arguments but have not received a reply since. His arrogance is monumental.

I've written a number of times also and this was the first response in a couple of years. There must be a new intern assigned to send out canned replies.

I agree this is Wellman's official public line, but it would be nice if he would step back from his platform and acknowledge the fanbase's concern and recognize things aren't where they should be rather than continue with the "we're looking great" routine. A little empathy and reassurance would go a lot further than his "Oh heavens yes" fluff.

Nope, but he's using it as a justification for us sucking on purpose. Again, it's code for LOWF. Read between the lines.

Back