• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WellmanIn or WellmanOut?

Should Ron Wellman be fired?

• Total voters
As a long time supporter of Ron, and a former full believer of "In Wellman I trust", for all of the years of great service Ron Wellman has provided to the school, I now think the man deserves to be let go/forced to retire. I no longer have faith in his ability to make hiring decisions.

Ron Wellman should absolutely have no part in the decision of our next football or basketball coach. I have no idea when those positions will become available, but I do not trust Ron Wellman to fill them appropriately.

Sometimes the time comes for a fresh vision when the current leadership becomes stale. We're past that time.

LOL! 40 to 0. Landslide. Views have really changed in the last two years.

An hour after posting, it's 57-1 and that one is a parody. That's a heck of a change.

He should be given the opportunity to save face and retire or be "promoted" to an ACC/NCAA role, but if he didn't do that then force him out. Call it whatever you want, he should not be making any decisions on Wake's behalf if the basketball (and football) results are acceptable.

Ron Wellman should absolutely have no part in the decision of our next football or basketball coach. I have no idea when those positions will become available, but I do not trust Ron Wellman to fill them appropriately.

Nail hit squarely on head. He has had no clue in a number of years. Letting GDO & George Greer go was just the start. Keeping Jim Caldwell much too long, hiring Rem, hiring Petersen, trying to get rid of Dianne Dailey and luckily being over ridden by Thomas Hearn, hiring Bz for reasons given after firin Dino for the same reasons.....

Poll will be the same when the next similar thread comes out one month from now.

Has there been another poll taken on this? Apologies if so. I thought the 2011 one was the most recent.

Ron couldn't be happier with the poll results.

Back