• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We're Loaded! (OGBoards Works Great)

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Are we poor? is a question most OGBoards users ask themselves daily

The reply button doesn't work at all, posting video links is a 50/50 proposition at best, and page load times are all over the place.

Mods do we need to raise some cash? Because with all that sweet government cheese floating around now would be a good time to ask.

Last edited:
The Dv7 ponzi scheme is ripe for some Trump bucks to be thrown its way.

The reply button doesn't work at all, posting video links is a 50/50 proposition at best, and page load times are all over the place.

Mods do we need to raise some cash? Because with all that sweet government cheese floating around now would be a good time to ask.

Everything works fine for me. You are an entitled millennial.

I will happily donate an entire week's worth of bym's street walking salary.

None of those 3 things you listed seems to be an issue or this is the first I'm hearing of them being problematic. Just used the reply button (both quick and advanced) without any issues.

Can you give an example of video posting not working using the newer VIDEO tags?

Page load times pretty good lately. We've had some occasional issues, but usually that's due to some issue w/ the DB or our provider messing up routing tables. Something that would be a problem on any hosting platform.

Granted, I'll give you that we're on old as fuck Vbulletin software and do have issues with multi-quote and sometimes post editing (though the latter is one I can never reproduce), but I think those are both issues because of mitigations we put in place to help with the double posting problem.

The reality is that to get to newer software right now it's not a money issue (yet) as much as a time one, we have to source new software (current Vbulletin software sucks right now and the entire team that founded it have left), figure out how to migrate as much as we feasibly can to that software (e.g. can we save all the posts? migrate user profiles and passwords/etc? PMs? Some of that might have to be left behind), and then flip it all over, while also updating and porting new designs/etc to the best of our ability, ideally executed all within a 24 hour window. We're talking weeks of planning and work to get that right. We're working towards it, but we all work full time jobs in areas not really related to this tech stack, and currently the boards are stable and functional for 99% of what they're needed for.

Editing doesn't always pull up the post to be edited.

what's the cost to implement a Tweet button?

not hard

just copy the numbers at the end of a tweet

use the quote button

paste in the numbers

change "quote" to "tweet" on both ends

voila, tweet posted

Also, that will be $5, Barca. Just venmo it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Editing doesn't always pull up the post to be edited.

Right that's a known issue (qote from above), but it's really hard for me to track this one down since I can't reproduce (have tried in multiple browsers)..

do have issues with multi-quote and sometimes post editing (though the latter is one I can never reproduce)

I can’t get the anonymous neg rep button to work for user: RJKarl. Please advise.

not hard

just copy the numbers at the end of a tweet

use the quote button

paste in the numbers

change "quote" to "tweet" on both ends

voila, tweet posted

yeah I know how to post a tweet, but if we can post a video or image by just hitting a button and pasting a URL, surely there's the same feature for a tweet

None of those 3 things you listed seems to be an issue or this is the first I'm hearing of them being problematic. Just used the reply button (both quick and advanced) without any issues.

Can you give an example of video posting not working using the newer VIDEO tags?

Page load times pretty good lately. We've had some occasional issues, but usually that's due to some issue w/ the DB or our provider messing up routing tables. Something that would be a problem on any hosting platform.

Granted, I'll give you that we're on old as fuck Vbulletin software and do have issues with multi-quote and sometimes post editing (though the latter is one I can never reproduce), but I think those are both issues because of mitigations we put in place to help with the double posting problem.

The reality is that to get to newer software right now it's not a money issue (yet) as much as a time one, we have to source new software (current Vbulletin software sucks right now and the entire team that founded it have left), figure out how to migrate as much as we feasibly can to that software (e.g. can we save all the posts? migrate user profiles and passwords/etc? PMs? Some of that might have to be left behind), and then flip it all over, while also updating and porting new designs/etc to the best of our ability, ideally executed all within a 24 hour window. We're talking weeks of planning and work to get that right. We're working towards it, but we all work full time jobs in areas not really related to this tech stack, and currently the boards are stable and functional for 99% of what they're needed for.

Fair enough, I guess my biggest issue is the reply button not working on mu computer. Strangely enough it works well on Tapa (which I’m on now). But if I reply or reply all on my laptop either a very old quoted post appears or it’s blank. It’s never the post I’m trying to reply to.

Videos usually work fine when linked in the video box on my laptop, but rarely work on Tapa. It just appears as a link.

Back