• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We're Loaded! (OGBoards Works Great)

Fair enough, I guess my biggest issue is the reply button not working on mu computer. Strangely enough it works well on Tapa (which I’m on now). But if I reply or reply all on my laptop either a very old quoted post appears or it’s blank. It’s never the post I’m trying to reply to.

Videos usually work fine when linked in the video box on my laptop, but rarely work on Tapa. It just appears as a link.

Clear cache

Fair enough, I guess my biggest issue is the reply button not working on mu computer. Strangely enough it works well on Tapa (which I’m on now). But if I reply or reply all on my laptop either a very old quoted post appears or it’s blank. It’s never the post I’m trying to reply to.

Videos usually work fine when linked in the video box on my laptop, but rarely work on Tapa. It just appears as a link.

Ahh, the videos thing is on Tapatalk 100%. They choose how to parse and display those things when it comes to in-line content. And unfortunately tapa gets more and more expensive to try and keep ad-free (we used to pay like $5/month to make it ad free, but no longer have anything close to that as an option, thus the appearance of ads these days in tapa), so it will most likely be going the way of the dodo bird come forum migration time, at least in terms of first-class support, I'll probably still throw an add-on in there so people can choose to use it.

The old quotes thing is usually your browser cache holding onto posts selected for multi-quote/not clearing those out when they are finally responded to. I'd try and find them if possible (can help just to bite the bullet and post something w/ them in it, then use those quotes to click back to them) and then unclick the multi-quote checkbox. I think this is probably an area where having an old software version isn't keeping up with new browser functionality or something wacky like that.

i feel like this is still one of the best looking/functioning message boards i've ever participated in

i feel like this is still one of the best looking/functioning message boards i've ever participated in

Yeah. I don’t use the tapa app and there’s another board I read that switched to tapa for even just its web version and it’s nigh unreadable. And I’m glad we don’t have picture signatures on here.

The biggest issue here is the edit button doesn’t always allow you to edit. That’s about it. On my computer the browser loads a little slowly on this site but I always just assume that’s on my end.

Yeah. I don’t use the tapa app and there’s another board I read that switched to tapa for even just its web version and it’s nigh unreadable. And I’m glad we don’t have picture signatures on here.

Agree with both. The other board I post on has poor web interface so I only check it on Tapatalk.

I don’t have ads on Tapa at all. I assume that’s because I paid $2.99 for Pro.

n5g8QN.gif

I will take no adds for the edit button not working.

Also I would be down to throw in on fundraiser considering some folks got a grand of free money recently.

So I've cleared my cache about a dozen times and reloaded Chrome a similar number of times and still can't reply to anything on here while on my laptop. Every time I try to reply the page freezes.

Any ideas?

Im sure RJ has a thread about it somewhere asking the exact same question, have you tried the cloud?

So I've cleared my cache about a dozen times and reloaded Chrome a similar number of times and still can't reply to anything on here while on my laptop. Every time I try to reply the page freezes.

Any ideas?

Do you have the same bad luck in other browsers? Have you tried it in safe mode with all extensions disabled?

Any ideas?

and yet you posted this very comment

tumblr_n7ov8iWbea1t1bekoo7_500.gif

Reply works in Incognito Mode on Chrome! I guess I can just surf the boards on the "dark web".

Ok, so probably something going on with an addon or extension then (since I don't think those are allowed to run by default in incognito mode). Maybe a script blocker of some sort if you have any of those running?

brasky, un/re-install chrome and move on with your life

Back