• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Were you sober when you got married?

meh

• sober as a judge

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • buzzed--booze

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • drunk

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • booze and the drugs

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • just the drugs

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • i am a dwarf: forever alone

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
probably should direct this to the spouses of most of our married posters

I was stone sober, mostly because I was phenominally hungover for most of the day leading up to the ceremony. Puked on the sidewalk during lunch kind of hungover. But luckily I was right as rain by the ceremony so it was all good.

is this a Moon alias? If so, can you explain why you need to sign in under this handle to post this thread? Just curious.

You left out hungover. We were married at 11AM on a bitterly cold, windy day. Shortly before the ceremony I was outside hoping the cold air would keep me from throwing up. My best man came up and said, "you always said it would be a cold day in hell..."

Obliterated the night before. Soberish for the wedding. My BIL went to Childress with his GF the morning of the wedding and showed up donions. He brought a couple of bottles "for the groomsmen", and he drank them all.

We did tailgate the ceremony.

During the ceremony? Yes. The rest of the day? No.

I was stone sober, mostly because I was phenominally hungover for most of the day leading up to the ceremony. Puked on the sidewalk during lunch kind of hungover. But luckily I was right as rain by the ceremony so it was all good.

It's not an epic hangover if you can keep down water. If you keep puking up the water while it's still cold throughout the next day, that's a hangover.

It was an auspicious day. And I'm not sure I see how being drunk would have made it less confusing.

I had a couple mimosas before the ceremony, but wasn't drunk. LadyDeacToy falls into the not drunk because still hungover from the night before category. I left the post-rehearsal dinner bar shenanigans around midnight, but he stayed out til 2am doing shots with my brothers and cousins and then went back to someone's hotel room. I think he was kind of starting to feel better about cocktail hour time.

Almost every married person I know was at least hungover for their ceremony given the shenanigans at the rehearsal dinner the night before.

No real hang over from the rehearsal party. Went home at midnight with my college roommate and drank a few more but no big deal. Had a few pops with the groomsmen on the ride over in the bus thing to the ceremony. We had a wedding coordinator who had a plate of requested food waiting for us when we got to the reception (so that we could eat before being on tour). I requested two steak sammies and a double Jack. Caught a nice buzz during reception. Left the reception and took limo to Ritz. Consummated. Made return to hotel where everyone was staying and proceeded to get loose with everyone. Made it back to the Ritz in time for another bottle of champagne. So hung the next day it was silly.

I had like 2 glasses of wine prior to the ceremony (in the entire day) so I was sober and I remained that way (it was hot, so I drank a lot of water and I was busy dancing/greeting people/kissing/smiling so I drank a few glasses of champagne but not enough to feel it).

I wasn't sober the night before, but I don't remember being hungover (my MOH was super hungover though)

got married in ireland so the guinness was aflowing...a nice, calm buzz but not "piss drunk." that happened later in the evening when the irish whiskey was brought out....

thankfully we planned our rehearsal dinner (a bus-driven pub crawl up to galway and back) two nights before the wedding so not everyone would be hurting the day of the ceremony....

I had like 2 glasses of wine prior to the ceremony (in the entire day) so I was sober and I remained that way (it was hot, so I drank a lot of water and I was busy dancing/greeting people/kissing/smiling so I drank a few glasses of champagne but not enough to feel it).

I wasn't sober the night before, but I don't remember being hungover (my MOH was super hungover though)

This is one of the most underrated funny parts about wettings. You have girls spend months slimming down and getting fitted for bridesmaid dresses only then to get hammered the night before and show up to the wedding looking like complete shit and feeling the shame of blowing the uncle in the bathroom at the rehearsal party.

Minister made it clear that drunk=no wedding.

thin i may get super high before hand. just cheesing at my bride to be with cheetoh fingies.

Back