• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Were you sober when you got married?

meh

• sober as a judge

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • buzzed--booze

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • drunk

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • booze and the drugs

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • just the drugs

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • i am a dwarf: forever alone

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
orange crush? oh you mean a screwdriver?
1oz vodka
1oz triple sec
1oz freshly squeezed orange juice
splash of sprite

It's a variation of the screwdriver. Harborside (OCMD) has the original.

I was pretty drunk the night before. I had two orange crushes (vodka + orange juice), three beers, one glass of red wine, one shot...then one eternal flame margarita, two beers and a lemon drop shot at Tate's.

The groomsman's brunch was set for 9am the next morning and I was struggling. A few of my groomsmen puked, but thankfully I held it together. I showed up without shoes. MY FIL told me he "probably wouldn't be able to make it", and that morning when I saw him walk in the door, my heart sunk. After brunch I was good-to-go after drinking ~20oz of water, taking a 30min shower and chugging a red bull. I only had two beers, two shots (from a liquor luge) and a few sips from a bourbon cocktail at the reception.

Did you get married last weekend? Otherwise, how in the world do you remember exactly what you drank on the night before your wedding?

1oz vodka
1oz triple sec
1oz freshly squeezed orange juice
splash of sprite

It's a variation of the screwdriver. Harborside (OCMD) has the original.

got it. was wondering if there were some other additions in there

crushes are awesome. might have to have one tonight now.

I'm pretty sure there are like a billion places between OCMD and Rehobeth that claim origination of a crush

Did you get married last weekend? Otherwise, how in the world do you remember exactly what you drank on the night before your wedding?
Last month and I may be leaving some stuff out especially at Tate's

Nowadays I would say more people would think the engagement is more symbolic of that stuff than the marriage itself. The marriage ceremony for most of my friends just seems to be a formality, they've already been together for years and living together etc.

Myself and what is mine to you and yours
Is now converted: but now I was the lord
Of this fair mansion, master of my servants,
Queen o'er myself: and even now, but now,
This house, these servants and this same myself
Are yours, my lord: I give them with this ring;
Which when you part from, lose, or give away,
Let it presage the ruin of your love
And be my vantage to exclaim on you.

I was pretty drunk the night before. I had two orange crushes (vodka + orange juice), three beers, one glass of red wine, one shot...then one eternal flame margarita, two beers and a lemon drop shot at Tate's.

From now on, I smoke weed exclusively with white people. You got good weed conversation. All white people talk about when they get high is other times that they got high. I could listen to that shit all night. "Dude, remember at Franks last week, I was fucking smashed, man." And catalogs everything they drink. "I had two shots of Jager, tequila, four bong hits, man... beer, cheeseburger." That shit is great.

Good for him/her. [priest rant] If we've got people entering into the Sacrament of Marriage either drunk or hungover, what does that say about how they view the Sacramental and covenantal relationship which they are entering? Given that the number of people who in actuality enter marriage sober (both BAC and taking seriously the nature of their vows), it's not surprising we have a divorce rate that hovers near 50% and an infidelity rate that is harder to pin down, but certainly higher. [/priest rant]

Church weddings are the worst anyway. There are few things worse than showing up to a wedding and realizing you're going to be stuck in a church for over an hour.

Add that to the fact that most people are already technically married (papers signed, etc) before the ceremony even happens, and I think you're kidding yourself if you think people being buzzed makes them get divorced.

Although now that the gays are getting married, traditional marriage as we know it is over.

Church weddings are the worst anyway. There are few things worse than showing up to a wedding and realizing you're going to be stuck in a church for over an hour.

Add that to the fact that most people are already technically married (papers signed, etc) before the ceremony even happens, and I think you're kidding yourself if you think people being buzzed makes them get divorced.

Although now that the gays are getting married, traditional marriage as we know it is over.

you haven't followed revdeac's posts very closely if you think he is opposed to gay marriage.

and he's not saying getting drunk causes divorces. he's saying that approaching marriage as a big party instead of as a covenant relationship and the one of the most important decisions you'll ever make is what is causing divorces.

^for the record, i say that as somebody who has already posted on this thread that i intend to have mimosas on my wedding day as i get ready. i don't necessarily believe that drinking mimosas before the wedding indicates that i'm not taking marriage seriously.

From now on, I smoke weed exclusively with white people. You got good weed conversation. All white people talk about when they get high is other times that they got high. I could listen to that shit all night. "Dude, remember at Franks last week, I was fucking smashed, man." And catalogs everything they drink. "I had two shots of Jager, tequila, four bong hits, man... beer, cheeseburger." That shit is great.
Just don't pass out around white people.

''Frank fell asleep so we, like, stuck a carrot in his ass...and put shaving cream on his balls.''

^for the record, i say that as somebody who has already posted on this thread that i intend to have mimosas on my wedding day as i get ready. i don't necessarily believe that drinking mimosas before the wedding indicates that i'm not taking marriage seriously.

Nothing wrong with celebrating, issue is when I find groomsmen drinking out of flasks in church parking lot, acting like the church part is just a buzz kill to the wedding festivities. If you don't want the church in your wedding, then don't.

Not sure what church you're going to, but we're in and out in 30 minutes, tops. Unless you add Eucharist, but that only adds about 15-20 minutes.

In the Bible it says "don't drink before your wedding" right after "don't do other dudes in the butt"

Now both are accepted by society

Nothing wrong with celebrating, issue is when I find groomsmen drinking out of flasks in church parking lot, acting like the church part is just a buzz kill to the wedding festivities. If you don't want the church in your wedding, then don't.

You can't exactly control the mindset of your groomsmen though.

In the Bible it says "don't drink before your wedding" right after "don't do other dudes in the butt"

Now both are accepted by society

i think you are supposed to marry your brothers wife after you murder him or something like that

Not sure what church you're going to, but we're in and out in 30 minutes, tops. Unless you add Eucharist, but that only adds about 15-20 minutes.

Catholic weddings are a full hour. Sometimes more depending on the length of the homily. I didn't attend my first non-Catholic wedding until after law school and was shocked by how quick the ceremony was. Pleasantly shocked mind you. I don't need the whole mass, just the wedding portion.

Husband and I were both sober during the ceremony. I had a glass or two of champagne while getting ready. I'm not sure if he had a beer or not. All of the groomsmen were sober for the ceremony too. The groomsmen were not sober for the reception, but that was fine.

Back