• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Were you sober when you got married?

meh

• sober as a judge

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • buzzed--booze

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • drunk

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • booze and the drugs

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • just the drugs

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • i am a dwarf: forever alone

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
luckily it's not like he can pop out of the casket and disagree at that point

coffin.gif

And I mean no disrespect, but if you came to me and told me that, I'd refuse. I can't, in good conscience, let you stand before the altar and just lie because you think the church is pretty. But I'd hope that people could respect that and would actually appreciate clergy taking what they do seriously.

Right, well I probably wouldn't say that. I would likely just have my future fiance/wife do the talking as it's incredibly unlikely I'll ever be dating someone who is as vehemently anti-religion as I am.

You realize that you have to say the vows too, right? Or will you just let her start answering for you during the wedding, which might not be a bad strategy?

Wedding sets the tone for the marriage, so your wife talking all the time during the ceremony makes sense.

Man, this thread was fun until it got all churchy. Just like everything else in life.

Can we go back to talking about pre-wedding shenanigans?

And I mean no disrespect, but if you came to me and told me that, I'd refuse. I can't, in good conscience, let you stand before the altar and just lie because you think the church is pretty. But I'd hope that people could respect that and would actually appreciate clergy taking what they do seriously.

You guys do it every Sunday! WGAF?

Man, this thread was fun until it got all churchy. Just like everything else in life.

Can we go back to talking about pre-wedding shenanigans?

Fair enough. I will say that I always recommend earlier weddings, I just sat around all day waiting for 5:00 to finally roll around when I got married. I get that the ladies often need time for hair, etc. But no reason why a 1pm wedding can't happen. Less time for shenanigans I suppose, but also means that the reception and honeymoon start sooner.

Fair enough. I will say that I always recommend earlier weddings, I just sat around all day waiting for 5:00 to finally roll around when I got married. I get that the ladies often need time for hair, etc. But no reason why a 1pm wedding can't happen. Less time for shenanigans I suppose, but also means that the reception and honeymoon start sooner.

B/C black tie is usually 530pm or after. Not everyone gets married in a barn, Rev.

B/C black tie is usually 530pm or after. Not everyone gets married in a barn, Rev.

If you think that's going to rile me up, you're mistaken. I get that some people like the black tie route, just trying to return the conversation to the pre-church phase. And if you want to bash religion, that's all well and good, but at least learn something about what you're trying to discredit. To your rep comment- I don't believe that there were 10000000 animals on the ark any more than you do. It seems that your straw man has more brains than you do.

I just picked the first whitewashed turd that came to mind. There are countless others. Keep polishin' and sellin' those things Rev!

There's good money in Bojanglin' ! No shortage of audiences for that sort of thing in the State of Decline.

I was a groomsman in a 300+ person catholic wedding with full mass and communion last august. Ceremony was almost 2 hours. Divorce was finalized in May.

Hard to believe a divorce could happen that quickly. Many states require a 1 year separation - but I guess some places do allow "quickie" divorces. That is sad for your friend.

Was actually an anullment. Another one of those convenient religious things where you pay money for your problems to go away.

But its not sad. He is much better off now.

TAB VS. RELIGION WHO YA GOT

Well Religion has been peddling its bullshits for hundreds of years, TAB only for a few decades so religion would be the seasoned veteran here. Not to mention religion holds the ultimate prove it trump card and you have to go with religion on this one. Thats not to say I wouldn't be rooting for TAB as it is a noble cause.

it wasn't my wedding but there was definitely a time where i was rock bottom puking in the bathtub 3 hours before the ceremony

still looked good in the pictures

You realize that you have to say the vows too, right? Or will you just let her start answering for you during the wedding, which might not be a bad strategy?

I've got the vows on lockdown. I would just need her to get us in the door and then I'm back in the game. Until after the wedding as DeacFreak points out.

Back