• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Were you sober when you got married?

meh

• sober as a judge

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • buzzed--booze

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • drunk

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • booze and the drugs

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • just the drugs

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • i am a dwarf: forever alone

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not getting married in a church. my wedding day will be a glorious celebration of love with nothing to do with religious love. that's cool for others, but we dont want to enter something this serious lying to a priest/preacher, our family/fiends, or each other.

I'm getting hammertime at the Rehearsal but I've gotta drive a somewhat significant amount after my ceremony and I certainly ain't letting her drive. So prob work on a few brews and def a pre-ceremony bourbon.

why the eff would you want a religious ceremony if you arent religious? that seems idiotic.

I'm getting hammertime at the Rehearsal but I've gotta drive a somewhat significant amount after my ceremony and I certainly ain't letting her drive. So prob work on a few brews and def a pre-ceremony bourbon.

wait... what?

why the eff would you want a religious ceremony if you arent religious? that seems idiotic.

Yes agreed. No reason to use a church if you don't USE the Church!

not getting married in a church. my wedding day will be a glorious celebration of love with nothing to do with religious love. that's cool for others, but we dont want to enter something this serious lying to a priest/preacher, our family/fiends, or each other.

exactly my feelings and intention as well

I was in a wedding where there were complications right before the ceremony that caused a long ass delay causing one of the groomsmen to pretty much pee his pants. He said really softly "Oh no..." and then had to bolt outside because the church didn't have a facility.

Don't think anyone knew or figured it out outside of the groom's dad and the groomsmen. Groom's dad still laughs about it (thank god we let him drink w/ us...Smart move)

I actually found a girl who said yes back in Feb. She's got a vagina and everything

woah dude. is this boards common knowledge? not sure how i missed it if so. congrats man (especially on the vagina).

woah dude. is this boards common knowledge? not sure how i missed it if so. congrats man (especially on the vagina).

Def was a sigh of relief when that was made obvious. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, the Atl people know and facebook friends.

feel like someone's got a good atl in decline tag here.

Reactions: Go

your own wedding reception seems like a good reason to park a car wherever you're headed and either pay for a cab or have a DD to drive you to the hotel after the fact so you can enjoy yourself. :noidea:

Yeah we'd just be lying to the priest/preacher. GF's dad is pretty religious and if we didn't get married in a catholic church he would probably murder us.

Neither of us are religious at all.

your own wedding reception seems like a good reason to park a car wherever you're headed and either pay for a cab or have a DD to drive you to the hotel after the fact so you can enjoy yourself. :noidea:

Looking into it as well. Most of my friends have said they were too busy at their own wedding to get good and properly hammered anyways.

Looking into it as well. Most of my friends have said they were too busy at their own wedding to get good and properly hammered anyways.

yeah, but even just getting a happy buzz is fun... don't limit yourself b/c you have to drive or put yourself in a situation where you could even possibly be driving drunk

Yeah we'd just be lying to the priest/preacher. GF's dad is pretty religious and if we didn't get married in a catholic church he would probably murder us.

Neither of us are religious at all.

so you have to go through all that catholic shit? FUCK THAT. elope... or at least threaten to. just cause you look like a child doesnt mean you cant pretend to be a man.

Back