• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF -3.5 Over Army -- Predictions?

I predict that Army runs the option so masterfully against us that Grobe thinks he was right all along about this option thing, and we spend the rest of the season trying to perfect it with the same hilarious results as we saw at Boston College.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me like trying to run anything remotely resembling the option against a team that does nothing but the option is a terrible idea. Isn't this what Army's defense sees in practice all the time? Not to mention we suck at running the option. If that's our game plan I think we score 7 points, late in the 4th quarter, when we finally give up on the option and actually throw the ball.

Army is probably feeling pretty good about this game. I would pass all day long and not look back. Sometimes it won't work out, but Army isn't going to make a lot of mistakes and we're a fumble factory so I would limit the ground game. I don't see this happening. I predict a beautiful day at the USMA and another loss for the Deacs.

-3.5 at West Point? That's insane. They have snipers.

I see the entire BSD staff has predicted a win over Army. I'll go ahead and predict a loss, then, because someone should be giving Army its due.

Player "measurables": advantage Wake
Player football talent: advantage Army
Team identity: advantage Army
Team coaching: advantage Army
Team motivation: advantage Army
Team morale: advantage Army
Home team: advantage Army

Wut

lol you'll see it if you watch the game tomorrow

I've watched them play two games this year in their entirety, have written a couple of in-depth articles about them, and have (obviously) seen Wake play every game in the last two or three years. Wake undoubtedly has more football talent than Army. Army has more discipline and "intangibles," and while Wake is not good it's ridiculous to say that Army has more "football talent" than we do. They're going to go 3-9 or so. They're absolutely miserable at football. They did however play well last week for their talent level.

Let's not fall back into the trap of overestimating everybody else we play because we're upset with our own team. We don't need to overvalue the opponent to lose to them in most cases. This is one of the cases where people are giving Army too much credit. If Army wins it will be because they don't commit penalties, we struggle to stop the option, and we shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb mistakes. It will not be because they have more talent than we do.

I'm not going to look up the recruits historically for wake and army, but there is no way army has more football talent than Wake Forest does.

I'm not going to look up the recruits historically for wake and army, but there is no way army has more football talent than Wake Forest does.

By historically I mean the past four years and who is on each team. They lost to Ball State by 4 touchdowns.

usually you need a private bookie since places like bodog.com have been seized by the govt

Go to sbrforum.com, I have a person but they have plenty of working online books reviewed from what I can tell.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BC didn't have better players than us, but the players they had played better than us. Better game plan, fewer mistakes, a staff that wasn't stuck in the mud. BC was more discipline and did many of the little things better. It's up to Grobe and if we're not up by 10 at the half, I'm walking out.

If we lose this game Numbers what wins do you see left on the schedule?

A loss to Army just may do more good for our program then a win. Think about it.

A loss to Army just may do more good for our program then a win. Think about it.

A lost recruiting year. Freshman transfering out. Juniors graduating and leaving. And Wellman saying everything is just fine. Think about it.

football talent = an aptitude for maximizing one's physical attributes in the game of football

I believe all the service academies excel at maximizing their physical attributes in football better than garden variety college teams. The problem is that their physical attributes are much less to begin with.
Look at how Wake's players play the game and tell me that you see guys maximizing their physical attributes to the fullest extent. I sure don't see it.

A way better team than us, and it was on the road

I think Ball State is 4 points better than us according to Sagarin and we are 5.75 points better than Army.

So they are 9.75 or 12.75 better than Army at Ball State.

Not really concluding anything, just posting the numbers.

Back