• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Just looking a the boxscore and Perry had some huge catches but my God, J.Rob put some work in too

9 rec for 135

Can't believe how fucking good our receivers are.

Roberson, Perry, and Morin are so good. Some incredible catches today.. they are so complimentary in their abilities and routes. The other guys made some amazing catches as well. WR-U.

Aren't they all coming back? Also, next season we'll have Greene.
Edit to add: Donald Stewart has also made some clutch receptions.

Last edited:
Not to be Debbie Downer, but I sure would feel better if our defense would tighten up. Too many open running lanes and missed tackles. I do think our secondary played better. I love our grit but I'm just not sure we can always depend on our offense to pull it out. I do understand we have played against some good running backs, but I would love to be al little more comfortable later in the game. Hell, at my age my heart doesn't need any more drama.

I hope much of our bye week is spent on fundamentals - like tackling.

Just looking a the boxscore and Perry had some huge catches but my God, J.Rob put some work in too

9 rec for 135

Can't believe how fucking good our receivers are.

Higgins is the real deal and I doubt he’s going anywhere without Clawson. Same for Cohen. Maybe Tabacca, but he seems pretty happy here.

I hated that we lost that guy who went to UVA (I think). Forgot his name. He was great. Never thought anyone would be as good. .....but Stan is.

Mac Macdonald?

Wake has had some great ones over the years. Am I making up the fact that Glenn Scott used to do Wake games (mid 80s) for WSJS? Gene Overby, Dinger, and I always appreciate the unintentional art of Bill Urbanik (a "football guy" if ever there was one). Stan Cotten is undoubtedly fantastic. Thanks for posting that video of the booth. Love the body language they share with each other that they professionally keep off air.

Came here to post congratulations to the team, coaching staff (the best in Wake history) and Deacon fans. What a fun team to watch. Congrats, Deacs.

The receivers had a great day. They certainly made plays. Hartman missed a number of key throws and was saved on some others like that high throw Roberson pulled down on the 3rd and 23 that probably was the key play of the game. Hartman can play even better than he has played to this point.

Back