• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Givens opted out of the Music City Bowl even though he put on a uniform. That sucked.

Same. One of those photographic memories from my childhood. Weren't they ranked like #14 at the time?

Don't remember the exact ranking but NW was ranked in the Top 20 for sure. Desmond Clark caught the game winner.

However, I do remember heckling the NW team postgame as they were gathered under the tent in the Groves parking lot listening to Gary Barnett after the goal posts came down.

ETA: NW was ranked #13 - https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1996-09-08-9609080202-story.html

I remember deangelo solomon from that NW game.

I was 9, and it was the first time I had ever been excited about Wake football. They hooked me at that moment.

I came across some highlights of the UVA game.... I know the schemes are different btw UVA and cuse, but damn the Wake D looked pretty good in that game...lots of pressure up front, stopped the run, and overall held them out of the endzone. Anything change with the D outside of the scheme we faced?

The defense was awful in this game. Not maintaining proper leverage, poor setting the edge. 12, 30, 4, and 22 had poor games. Then they step up and make 3 terrific plays in a row when it counted in OT. A week to get ready for the option we need it. Also Sam the man didn’t have his best stuff but made the clutch plays.

Cuse is physical. They made mistakes. If they clean that up they will beat Clemson. Tough team,

I came across some highlights of the UVA game.... I know the schemes are different btw UVA and cuse, but damn the Wake D looked pretty good in that game...lots of pressure up front, stopped the run, and overall held them out of the endzone. Anything change with the D outside of the scheme we faced?

Well we all knew UVA was going to sling it around the yard so run stopping was easier

Well we all knew UVA was going to sling it around the yard so run stopping was easier

Yeah. The D still allowed him to get a lot of yards on the ground though. Got to fix that mobile QB problem.

By the way, UVa is 2-2 with games vs. Duke, Tech, @Pitt, and VT. They could be in the Coastal mix too.

that’s some recency bias on the receivers imo (although i love all those guys)

if i had to pick three, would probably say givens and kenny moore on the outside and dortch in the slot. although tough calls all around.

I might add an undersized but outstanding NT Whitlock.

Army has the most mobile quarterback we will face all year in Christian Anderson. He hurt his shoulder at the end of September and didn't play against Bowling Green, which is Army's only loss. Not sure if he'll play against Wisconsin this weekend either. His backup is not as good and is also banged up.

Army has the most mobile quarterback we will face all year in Christian Anderson. He hurt his shoulder at the end of September and didn't play against Bowling Green, which is Army's only loss. Not sure if he'll play against Wisconsin this weekend either. His backup is not as good and is also banged up.

:umkc:

*Ball State

Anderson ran for 236 yards and 2 TDs vs. Miami (OH)

:cam:

Back