• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Yeah. Not a huge limb considering he was the #4 pick in the draft.

If we could add one player to this team from years past, it would be Aaron Curry and I don’t think it would even be close.

Agreed. Of players under Clawson, I think I might go Bates. On offense, it seems to me that a guy like Cam would be huge.

Clawson, Elko and Grobe on the sidelines. Only doing 2000 team and later(other than Clark)

Wolford at QB
Barclay RB
Ovie FB
Surratt - WR
Greene - WR
Roberson - WR
Desmond Clark - TE
Clabo - OL
Vallos - OL
Zach Tom - OL
Herron - OL

Have to shift one of those tackles inside.

that’s some recency bias on the receivers imo (although i love all those guys)

if i had to pick three, would probably say givens and kenny moore on the outside and dortch in the slot. although tough calls all around.

if i had to pick three, would probably say givens and kenny moore on the outside and dortch in the slot. although tough calls all around.

Very true on recency bias. That said, I'd keep Sage on my squad...pre injury Sage was the most unstoppable receiver I've witnessed in a Wake uniform. I'd also keep Roberson and move him to the outside, but rather than Greene I'd go with Camp in the slot. I never thought much of Givens, although idk recognize his talent. The music city bowl ruined Givens for me. Kenny would be my 4th receiver. Loved Kenny.

Camp deserves a look too

Yes, Givens clearly belongs if it's based solely on performance. He still has the school single-season receiving record by 250 yards, and he did it on a much less prolific offense than some of Clawson's later efforts (26.0 ppg and 367.8 ypg in 2011 vs. 31.8 and 464.0 in 2019).

Of course, it doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss out there if you have only have four offensive linemen.

I’ll spot creamy Steve Justice

also, fwiw, Desmond Clark played WR at Wake, not TE

calvin-pace-of-the-wake-forest-demon-deacons-looks-on-against-the-picture-id477601016

I’ll spot creamy Steve Justice

also, fwiw, Desmond Clark played WR at Wake, not TE
My first exposure to "Cool as the other side of the pillow" happened after a Brian Kuklik to Desmond Clark bomb in 1996 when we beat Northwestern.

My first exposure to "Cool as the other side of the pillow" happened after a Brian Kuklik to Desmond Clark bomb in 1996 when we beat Northwestern.

Was there for that one. If I remember correctly the "new" Bridger Field House was under construction then and the players came off the field to a tent in the parking lot.

Was there for that one. If I remember correctly the "new" Bridger Field House was under construction then and the players came off the field to a tent in the parking lot.

Same. One of those photographic memories from my childhood. Weren't they ranked like #14 at the time?

Same. One of those photographic memories from my childhood. Weren't they ranked like #14 at the time?
Believe so, and they had won the Big10 the year prior and appeared on Leno and all that

Yeah, I think so too. It was a big win, unfortunately the rest of the season wasn't all that great. We followed that win by losing the next 7, by a combined score of 281 to 58.

Back