• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Ugh…roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you learn from a roster release that you don’t already know? Feel Iike there’s a weird obsession with this that only makes sense if you are a family member or friend with someone on the cut line

I totally agree. Do they think Kurtz isn’t going to be on there? 😅

It's also an obvious advantage to wait until the last possible moment to finalize the roster. If someone close to the cut line goes down with an arm injury, you can fill the spot with someone else if you wait.

Maybe not player-friendly, but it's the clearly correct approach from a team-building perspective.

Of the HS class of 2023 freshman that had committed to WF, the only one I don't see listed is pitcher AJ Camp. Also, Chase Walter is back after getting injured late in the 2023 season.

It's also an obvious advantage to wait until the last possible moment to finalize the roster. If someone close to the cut line goes down with an arm injury, you can fill the spot with someone else if you wait.

Maybe not player-friendly, but it's the clearly correct approach from a team-building perspective.
I would be shocked if the players didn't know prior to this

I would be shocked if the players didn't know prior to this
Would you find it:

seinfeld-lawyer.gif

Just sat beside Kyle Joe from last years team on my flight from San Diego to Charlotte. Says the team is going to Omaha to commemorate making the CWS. Nice kid but I think it was his first time in first class. He downed 3 vodka sodas and a Heineken.

Just sat beside Kyle Joe from last years team on my flight from San Diego to Charlotte. Says the team is going to Omaha to commemorate making the CWS. Nice kid but I think it was his first time in first class. He downed 3 vodka sodas and a Heineken.

I call that a flight from CLT to GSO.

That's a long flight. If I'm in first I likely double that intake on a cross country flight.

I have 2 free tix for today I wont be using, mobile transfer. PM if interested

Back