• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

i also pledge to give away a pair of tickets to at least 10 games (prob more), but NOT to the NIMBY megathread absolutists !

regardless of whether we supplement with opponent series threads — please find a champion for your megathread.

perhaps the first series thread doesn’t make an appearance until dayton in week 2 at the earliest.

one thread really sucks for anyone who isn't following along daily. the megathreads on this message board are what has contributed to the lack of new posters, imo.

with the number of games we have, i think a single baseball thread wouldn't be dissimilar to having a single one for basketball or football in terms of total posts. it would almost undoubtedly be the biggest thread in the history of these boards, which i think is not a good thing.

it's probably my least favorite option
PM please for link to the #wakebaseballsuperfans thread. Ty bby

Just saw Burns’ numbers for today’s 2nd practice start. If he’s putting up those numbers and not walking anyone for 6 innings he may go 1:1. The lab is going to get even more hype if his control shows this much improvement long term.

....watching Tennessee's eight-toothed fans comment on this is currently the light of my life.

Let me have this.

Agreed with the plan to have an ongoing thread and weekly game thread. Otherwise it’d be too hard to follow. Go Deacs! At the point now where I’m just crossing my fingers that our pitchers stay healthy.

I drunkenly/jokingly threw out the fact that most Sunday games are at ~1-2 to my girlfriend the other week and how that would be ideal for boozy brunch tailgating.

So today’s been spent seasoning and breaking in the 22” on the go Blackstone.

My only critique is that I think the placket piping on the gold and black jerseys make the lettering look cluttered. Placket piping should be used on jerseys that have a left chest logo only IMO.
What % chub do you have when you type the words “placket piping”? It’s gotta be at least 35%, right?

Back