• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Are there any key dates for transfers and recruits? I know there is a certain date for drafted players to sign or come back to school. I also wonder if they will do a recruiting/transfer luncheon type thing similar to what football does. Or a press conference or something to let everyone know what the roster looks like heading into the new season. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that would attend something like that, especially after this historic season.
Haven’t they done what is sometimes called a hot stove banquet in Feb in the past with a guest speaker to kick off the year? Or maybe I am mixing it up with the Dash. But Tommy Lasorda and Joe Girardi are a couple of guests I seem to recall coming to Winston over the years.

As for dates, below is for baseball….portal closing soon.

The Transfer Portal Windows for D1 Spring Sports are:

• Baseball: – May 30 – July 13

See USA team beat Chinese Taipei 7-3. King started at 3B and went 1-3 with a RBI.

Massey pitched an inning of relief…struck out 2 but gave up a homer.

Stats

Last edited:
Gill had a subpar couple years leading up to last season when he broke out.

Think he's the guy who hit 2-3 against Lowder when we played them this year.

Remember during the regionals and super regionals when there were sellouts every game and the videoboard kept fucking up -- especially during the Maryland game?

Don't think that was coincidence.
That was funny but embarrassing. Glad they are being replaced

In D1Baseball's college-only Top 150 rankings:

5. Lowder
15. Wilken
35. Sullivan
37. Keener
48. McGraw
90. Minacci
118. Hawke
128. Lee

Hoping to have a story this week that lays out the tiers of who's gone/who's almost guaranteed gone/who's possibly returning, but this is the basic overview.

In D1Baseball's college-only Top 150 rankings:

5. Lowder
15. Wilken
35. Sullivan
37. Keener
48. McGraw
90. Minacci
118. Hawke
128. Lee

Hoping to have a story this week that lays out the tiers of who's gone/who's almost guaranteed gone/who's possibly returning, but this is the basic overview.
That's a lot of Wake pitchers projected in the first few rounds

couple interesting transfer pitcher candidates, both rising soph LHP from CCU:

1/ liam doyle: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=doyle-001lia
2/ levi huesman: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=huesma000lev

doyle had a strong freshman year and muscara follows him on twitter.

huesman struggled as a freshman but was a huge recruit (top 25 on PG). his dad is russ huesman who is richmond's head football coach and close with clawson (was his defensive coordinator at richmond).

also worth noting for next year, i believe the strict 35 man roster limit is back. we've got a lot of people in the mix and if we don't lose HS recruits to the pros, we are probably getting pretty close to the limit on guys who i would guess have been promised a roster spot. i'm sure that has an impact on transfer portal goings on.

couple interesting transfer pitcher candidates, both rising soph LHP from CCU:

1/ liam doyle: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=doyle-001lia
2/ levi huesman: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=huesma000lev

doyle had a strong freshman year and muscara follows him on twitter.

huesman struggled as a freshman but was a huge recruit (top 25 on PG). his dad is russ huesman who is richmond's head football coach and close with clawson (was his defensive coordinator at richmond).

also worth noting for next year, i believe the strict 35 man roster limit is back. we've got a lot of people in the mix and if we don't lose HS recruits to the pros, we are probably getting pretty close to the limit on guys who i would guess have been promised a roster spot. i'm sure that has an impact on transfer portal goings on.
Wake should be very selective about who they take from the portal. The next several weeks, with the professional baseball draft and signing period will be key for what position guys Wake still needs to compete for the natty next year.

Back