• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Yes Kurtz and Burns are projected top 10 basically everywhere. I see Hartle in the 20-30 spot on prospect lists. He's got the potential to move up obviously.

Mike Sirota out of Northeastern projected as a top 20 pick. Fun fuuun

You might be sleeping on Hartle, @Haros
Right now Hartle doesn't have triple digit velocity on his fastball. That seems to be something scouts look for. If he shows great command of multiple types of pitches, that changes their thinking.

Right now Hartle doesn't have triple digit velocity on his fastball. That seems to be something scouts look for. If he shows great command of multiple types of pitches, that changes their thinking.
I'm buying Hartle stock. He's shown success developing his game and has been in the program for a while.

Does he have upper 90s velo?

No. Hartle sits in the low 90s. But he has good mix of pitches with lots of movement and hides the ball really well.

I think the biggest question mark now for the pitching is who is stepping up and chewing up innings 5-8? Two frosh should pitch in there. Ray will be big there as well - think I'm missing somebody else off the top of my head.

I think the biggest question mark now for the pitching is who is stepping up and chewing up innings 5-8? Two frosh should pitch in there. Ray will be big there as well - think I'm missing somebody else off the top of my head.
Ariola. And some of the rising sophs who didn't see much playing time may breakout with more opportunity.

Back