• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

So excited for our guys going in the first round, and to teams who will be sniffing the post season. Great spots.

Unfortunately, that contract goes through 2035.

But with the CWS being an 11 day event (Friday to the following Monday), you could send a team on a three series roadie. Where it might get complicated is getting the stadium setup for CWS stuff, as well as giving players time to check the stadium out before playing, which would really mean a four series roadie, which I don't think is a common theme, and I'm not sure if MLBPA would sign up for that.

But agree, getting it out of Omaha would only be a positive. You can get airline flights into hub cities versus a small spoke like Omaha, you can actually have a hotel base where you're not spending $600+/night, and you can get 40k+ people in the park.
If the timeline moved around just a tiny bit then it could coincide with the All-Star Break which would give the extra days.

He will need to move from Colorado to be successful in the bigs, but that is a great draft slot.

terrible spot for him. Who cares how early it was, he has to pitch in Colorado!

wow really great spot for him (well draft spot, maybe not colorado).

think the highest i saw him ranked was in the mid-70s.

walter did tell conor he was expecting a second round landing spot for him though
Prospects Live had him at 59 and the top left handed college pitcher picked…ultimately proved true and was the 2nd overall only behind the HS guy White.

1688983664042.png

This was the last Prospects Live list on July 7th….first I have seen with JJ on it.
3A29C43A-71B5-4025-BD41-F0058D8DFEA9.jpeg

Back