• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Series 1: #12 Duke | Fri: L (5-8) / Sat: W (6-3) / Sun: L (8-10) (ACCNX)

Kurtz looks so timid this year
He looked the same way the last 1/3 of last season. Clearly talented but I remain surprised of his draft projections. Doesn’t seem to match his output.

It's almost impossible for Kurtz to be so bad this season.

Need to sweep the Sunday DH to win the series at this rate. Going to be tough.

We really miss Bennett Lee behind the plate. He was very good on defense and managed the pitchers really well. BIG drop off at that position

Pretty disappointing start to the season on the whole. Shouldn’t be surprised but for whatever reason I am. Not sure I see what makes anyone else think this team is the best in the country, besides the 3 starters.

This team better start better picking things up if it has plans for Omaha.

annoying but the peripherals weren’t bad. we shouldn’t need to that to beat duke after we best up their ace and there are tons of concerns i have. but i think we got unlucky tonight

Pretty disappointing start to the season on the whole. Shouldn’t be surprised but for whatever reason I am. Not sure I see what makes anyone else think this team is the best in the country, besides the 3 starters.
Not a good hitting team. And when pitching fails like tonight it will make for a long season. Double Digit hits when Hartle is a starter with our supposed great pen, is bad news.

Trouble with UVa, FSU, Clemson all hitting the ball well.

I hate losing to duke in anything.

Academically, I know this was one of our hardest games of the season, but the way we lost was so painful. Chase Mr 0.00 ERA in the third inning. Load the bases with no outs and get zero runs. Game was ours to win.

Game story on tonight.

Friday's contest between Wake and Duke was tabbed as a headlining pitcher's duel -- Hartle vs Santucci, two of the best. It was anything but. Both arms were gone before the fifth and, in a bullpen battle, the Deacs couldn't muster another run.

We really miss Bennett Lee behind the plate. He was very good on defense and managed the pitchers really well. BIG drop off at that position

Gill gives us absolutely nothing. Let's way too many balls pass him, can't hit...

He is not seeing the ball well and everyone strikes him out with off-speed stuff. So far he cannot hit off-speed pitches.

He doesn't have the ACC career leader in home runs protecting him in the lineup anymore either.

Back