• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

You get used to seeing collapses as a Wake fan, but this one is about as bad as it gets.

Wake was up to something like 40th in Nolan's statistical rankings at one point. I don't know how it incorporates things like one run wins or losses as a "luck" component but it's been pretty accurate. Wake was certainly close to a NCAA team at one point, it's been a big collapse. Our offense is woeful but I agree that it was further hindered by some idiotic coaching decisions.

Well yeah the RPI is never a very good barometer IMO.

I don't know why we held Fischer off though, that was baffling. I was really looking forward to a Rodon v. Fischer matchup.

Our schedule doesn't explain why a team that was 10-4 has gone 2-10 against roughly the same strength of schedule.

Going 5-1 against ND and BC both on the road is playing good baseball. BC took 2 of 3 at State and swept Maryland.

Well, he didn't pitch well Sat. anyway. Lots of Es led to runs but he was shelled as well.

Our schedule doesn't explain why a team that was 10-4 has gone 2-10 against roughly the same strength of schedule.

Going 5-1 against ND and BC both on the road is playing good baseball. BC took 2 of 3 at State and swept Maryland.

Again, that is not saying that much with what this league has to offer right now. We are top heavy, just like we have been in football where FSU & Clemson ruled this year and made the other records so average to bad. Baseball has UVa, Miama & FSU running away with everything. We may also now get INC-Ch, Clemson & Duke in the NCAA with State closing hard. But we have 6 teams right around.500 in conference action. Figuring out the ACCT ought to be a lot of fun.

Wait, Reff actually made a baseball post without referencing George Greer?

Wait, Reff actually made a baseball post without referencing George Greer?

Sure, just talking ACC baseball here in general. We have 3 really good teams in UVa, Miami & FSU. Similar to football with FSU & Clemson. But basketball was actuall much worse because nobody was really stellar this year as was shown with the first weekend busts. Could see UVa or FSU getting to Omaha.

Will be interesting to see how many bids the league gets. You'd think the strength of the league would get a good number in, but so many seem to be doing whatever they can to NOT get in the tournament

We really need to salvage a win tonight to stop the long losing streak- would also benefit us to play well on ESPNU.:thumbsup:

Walter should be fired if we lose out IMO. He's close anyway. He's done a poor job this year, very poor.

Will be interesting to see how many bids the league gets. You'd think the strength of the league would get a good number in, but so many seem to be doing whatever they can to NOT get in the tournament

NC State has gotten hot of late, but at 11-15 in the league & 29-20 is a doubtful maybe without a great ACCT showing. UNC-Ch is 14-13 & 30-21 and better off than the Wolfies. Duke at 15-12 & 30-21 is the same as UNC-Ch. Clemson just lost 2 of 3 to ND and is only 13-13 and 31-21 overall--again like UNC-Ch & Duke. MD at 15-14 & 33-19 is another one on the fence. But we have to get more than 3 I would think.

Even going 2-10 in our last 12, we are only a game and a half out of 2nd.

It was so set up for us to slide into a top 4 spot, and we blew it.

Was a weird hire to begin with. Besides the private school experience hard-on I'm not sure what boxes Walter checked.

Hopefully the last two hires (and maybe Duke's ability to get App's coach) has Wellman convinced he can go a little stronger in his search

Being "a game out of 2nd in our division" means absolutley nothing.....best teams taken out of all the conference for the ACC tourney, so right now we are out....

I think Duke is turning into us 10 years ago and we are turning into Duke 10 years ago.

Back