• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

Duke hasn't surpassed the Deacs by any means, ridiculous assertion.

We however cannot get any hits over the past two or three weeks.

2 years ago WFU baseball was easily better than Duke. Now, overall Duke 28-17, WFU 26-21. ACC, Duke 15-9, WFU 12-12. Head to head, Duke 3-0, WFU 0-3 with all WFU home games. Against UNC, State, Duke and WFU, Duke 8-1, WFU 1-5.

Unfortunately I don't see much in the way of facts to support your rebuke of that assertion numbers.

They also flew past us in RPI after this weekend. Duke headed to their first NCAA tourney ever?

They're having a better year than us now but when that post was made we were ahead of them in the RPI and this is dukes first decent year in forever. Being slightly better in one year in no way equates to being a better program.

They are primed to make the NCAA regionals now.

Betts and his parents were at Village Tavern on Saturday night waiting for a table at the bar where we were having dinner. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Brother at App says they are under a flash flood watch after noon, doubt the game gets played today.

Swan dive epic when you can only muster 2 runs in 13 innings vs a WCU....guys really ready to hang it up before exams. I now predict a sweep in Raleigh to the most enigmatic ACC team of this century.

Maybe we should stop playing so many midweek games?

Maybe we should stop playing so many midweek games?

I'll admit that the small conference teams in North Carolina are consistently solid. I played 2A Independent ball in High School and nearly every team we played had players with college level talent, this region is stacked with ballplayers.

Jesus Christ what an awful loss.
Don't hate on WCU. They were ranked in the preseason and have wins over Mississippi State, Washington State and Clemson. If WCU continues winning, they could be an at-large team... if they don't win the SoCon Tournament. Not really as bad a loss as you may think.

WCU isn't an awful loss, but our end season choke has been awful.

WCU isn't an awful loss, but our end season choke has been awful.

If we were already solidly in the NCAA tourney, it wouldn't be a "bad" loss, but when you're on the bubble (off after the Duke sweep though) a loss to Southern Conference team is a bad loss. Baseball is certainly not like football or basketball when it comes to losing to schools like WCU, the nature of baseball lends itself to more parity between teams, but still ACC teams shouldn't be losing to SoCon teams very often.

Wake isn't remotely close to the bubble right now. We need to basically win out in the regular season to go.

There are some other odd comments here too. WCU is a decent team, wake has to play midweek games for the same reason that basketball and football teams do: résumé building but yes our offense is horrible.

Back