• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Forbes has a great balance of being laid back, down to earth, funny, witty/self-deprecating, passionate, etc. that may make him the more relatable/likable than Wake's prior basketball coaches and providing more widespread appeal and exposure to the program. Nice yo have a Coach and leader with a personality and pulse. Hopefully, this will translate to success for Wake's program, fans, coaches, and players.

Go Deacs!

Nice to have the Les podcast to get a first impression of Coach Forbes. It will take some time before we'll be able to believe he can recruit and coach successfully at Wake Forest. BUT, it's clear he's comfortable with who he is, and that comes across very easily. He doesn't have any doubts we'll be successful, and also understands reality and how to constantly move forward with no excuses. Personality wise, and past record wise he's a winner. Good vibes.

Also like the Wake shirt he’s wearing😎👍

Who can give us a scouting report on Ody from last season? It seems like he exceeded y'all's expectations?

I liked in the handful of minutes that I watched last year, that he actually looked semi-useful and had bounce. That was enough for me.

Yeah, Ody was a high energy rebound and D guy. Seemed to get several blocks as well.

This. You can tell he loves the game and he comes across like a great guy. Ody isn't the most talented guy on our roster but he was my favorite player all season last year. Well, maybe until Sarr exploded the last 5 weeks.

Ody and Neath are IMO the two most important guys to bring back because they would have 3 years to play under Forbes and would be important to the rebuild. Sarr obviously would be nice but he only has one year left and we not going to be very good next year anyway.

Sarr is by far the most important Deac to return. Without him, we'll be lucky to win 10 games and that will impact recruiting.

We definitely need Neath short and long term. He can be an excellent leader.

Has the staff reached out to Wynn, Wright, or Chaundee or are we considering them lost causes, or possibly no interest on our end.

Back