• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Daivien and Jalen are IN THE BAG. VIBES.

(I have no confirmation on this, jus' vibin')

ETSU fans trashing Forbes all over Twitter because two kids from WS want to come play for him in the ACC. Saying he isn’t loyal, etc. etc. Stay classy Bucs fans.

If we have learned anything over the years, it's that if we put out enough VIBES, anything is possible.

ETSU fans trashing Forbes all over Twitter because two kids from WS want to come play for him in the ACC. Saying he isn’t loyal, etc. etc. Stay classy Bucs fans.
Good. I'm tired of being everyone's second favorite school and opposing fans liking our coach (because they're no threat to their team). Basically, I'm down for a heel turn for WF Basketball.

He's a long 6'2" and basically 50/80/40, or whatever order you put shooting percentages. He handled the ball plenty in the (parts of) 4 games I saw, but is totally comfortable playing off the ball. Definitely does not need it in his hands, but can create for himself and others when he has it. I like him.

They spread it around and he doesn't force anything. Really plays within himself.

The gunners on that ETSU team were Boyd, Good, and Tisdale. Williamson and Hodges were just good and my faves on that team (as well as Hughley, who's on staff now, which is cool). This is all based on, like, two complete games watching and bits of 2/3 others. So basically I'm an expert. My dudes. My Bucs.

Their Dutch big was nice, too, and they had one of their other best bigs, Rodriguez, miss a huge chunk with injury, and they were still awesome. Dutch dude kind of reminded me of Sarr a little, so it's a bummer he left. Oh well.

He has legitimate reasons that fall under NCAA waiver guidelines. Ewing and his staff allegedly pushed him to come back from injury early, and then when he entered his name in the NBA draft Ewing said McClung was coming back before Mac had taken any steps to do so and while he was still interviewing with NBA teams. In his last team interview this lead to confusion with the NBA team asking why Ewing had already announced he was withdrawing from the draft to come back to Georgetown. Add that behavior from the Ewing staff with the fact he would be moving closer to home during the pandemic, and there is a chance he could get a waiver.

Wilkins also has a legitimate claim for a waiver because under NCAA guidelines a coach running a player off a team grants consideration for a waiver.

Wake is about half the distance but yeah still not close enough to help in asking for a waiver. ETSU, App State, UNC-A are all closer.

That's not how it works. There is no finite radius to be eligible.

So which is it - is distance from home a factor or not? You can't seem to decide.

Ok say we get Jalen and Williamson. I’d rather have Mac as the third guy instead of a project big man who MIGHT be a serviceable role player by year 3. Forbes will be able to recruit over any big guy he can bring in this late in the cycle.

Play small ball and let Ody/Tariq/Muscius/Massoud run the front court.

We could really stretch the floor with the guards we are bringing in. Even if our new guys don’t get waivers we could put out a small ball lineup this season of:

Neath
Dubose/Antonio
Jalen Johnson
Muscius
Massoud

So which is it - is distance from home a factor or not? You can't seem to decide.

You seem to have reading comprehension issues since nothing I said is contradictory. Transferring to Wake is enough to be closer to home, it doesn't have to be in your made up radius of ETSU, App State, and Asheville. I don't know if you're a parody or just enjoy incorrectly injecting your false information into conversations.

Back