• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Honest question. Why does RJ think he was proven correct. All evidence seems to point to a buyout in the 15 million dollar range that was negotiated down to 7.5.

Is there some evidence that backs RJ's claim or is he just declaring victory?

You seem to think this "evidence" matters.

we should hopefully hear something here mid week #sauces

I feel like we’ve been hearing it’ll be any day now for weeks. I’m ready for some news!! Will he be announcing that he’s transferring or will he immediately commit to the school he’ll be attending in that announcement, or do you not know?

I feel like we’ve been hearing it’ll be any day now for weeks. I’m ready for some news!! Will he be announcing that he’s transferring or will he immediately commit to the school he’ll be attending in that announcement, or do you not know?

#WakeWill make things more complicated than it needs to be and that's all I can and will say on it until more stuff is public

#WakeWill make things more complicated than it needs to be and that's all I can and will say on it until more stuff is public

Only thing that could be is academics. I'm not speculating the kid has poor academics. In fact, Ive heard he's a smart dude...But what else could Wake making things complicated be aside from admissions process?

PJ Horne for VT just entered the portal. 7.6 puts 4.2 rbs but had some big games late.

Only thing that could be is academics. I'm not speculating the kid has poor academics. In fact, Ive heard he's a smart dude...But what else could Wake making things complicated be aside from admissions process?

Good grades, bad grades does not matter(obviously good grades are important)

From having friends both athletes who have tried and failed to friends(some failed some succeed) to transfer to Wake, it is a notoriously hard school to transfer into as a non graduate or a graduate(why it's hard enough for Clawson to get them) and you are made to go through several hoops nowadays. Not saying you're speculating good or bad, but I know people will and I will go ahead and say that is not the case. Wake is just an annoying school to transfer into

Last edited:
Good grades, bad grades does not matter(obviously good grades are important)

From having friends both athletes who have tried and failed to friends(some failed some succeed) to transfer to Wake, it is a notoriously hard school to transfer into as a non graduate or a graduate(why it's hard enough for Clawson to get them) and you are made to go through several hoops nowadays. Not saying you're speculating good or bad, but I know people will and I will go ahead and say that is not the case. Wake is just an annoying school to transfer into

Makes sense. Thanks a lot Hatch!

He's a grad transfer, just have a grad program accept him.

I thought there was a requirement that the new grad school program had to be one not offered by the under grad school. Thus there needs to be some paperwork to verify that whatever graduate program is being pursued it couldn't be done at the undergraduate school.

I thought there was a requirement that the new grad school program had to be one not offered by the under grad school. Thus there needs to be some paperwork to verify that whatever graduate program is being pursued it couldn't be done at the undergraduate school.
Pretty sure the NCAA did away with that and now allows players to transfer freely if they graduate beforehand.

DFL got grad transfers in by the bunches. Can't be that hard.

Pretty sure the NCAA did away with that and now allows players to transfer freely if they graduate beforehand.

You're correct. That was a recent change.

Now it appears that as long as the student athlete actually gets a degree, grad transfer is pretty easy. Even easier if the undergrad institution doesn't renew financial aid for the graduated student-athlete.

Back