• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Cisse goes to Lausanne Collegiate in Memphis. Same school that Skal Labissiere, Cameron Payne and Marc Gasol went, among others. Lots of international players. I've known a couple non-athletes who went there, and let's just say it's not the most academically rigorous environment.

40% of Lausanne seniors are International Baccalaureate candidates and 100% of their kids go on to college. Their graduates have been accepted to and matriculated at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and M.I.T., among others. Average SAT's are north of 1300. For students who are pursuing the IB diploma, I guarantee it's a rigorous environment. The school has been ranked among the top 4 private high schools in the state of Tennessee.

40% of Lausanne seniors are International Baccalaureate candidates and 100% of their kids go on to college. Their graduates have been accepted to and matriculated at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and M.I.T., among others. Average SAT's are north of 1300. For students who are pursuing the IB diploma, I guarantee it's a rigorous environment. The school has been ranked among the top 4 private high schools in the state of Tennessee.

Fair enough. Though that makes it even more blatant. I've been around plenty of legit top high schools and never heard of one saying here's your Junior year report card ... nah let's forget that why don't you just skip the rest and graduate right now; we think you've done enough here.

PJ Horne from VT to UGA... I doubt we were really involved, but he would have been a nice fit.

Ready to hear an announcement of someone to Wake Forest. Jalen Johnson? Please? Just want to keep some momentum going.

Williamson, Johnson, Smith...say it with me

tumblr-6fe723b09ff86ce370e0fcb65abeacff-6dbd840f-640.gif

I'm excited for Massoud to drain a couple 3s in a row and NOT get immediately benched...That was one of Danny's many idiotic habits. Kid gets hot, TAKE HIM OUT.

I have the feeling Massoud averages 10 to 12 a game for us next year. He was criminally underutilized last season, in my opinion.

Let's go 100% grad transfer from here. That would give us 6 or 7 grad transfers... We could come up with a catchy nickname. "The Expendables" or something like that.

Branding would be easy... Wake Forest basketball bringing a rag-tag group of feisty, scrappy 5th year players for one last ride.

Staff hasn't contacted Figueroa from St. Johns. We already have 3 SGs with 2 bigger PGs on roster. Williamson to add to PG depth. Johnson at SF. Smith not a long shot, but also not a lock. Still rooting for them to flip the big from Wofford who has headed to USC to be a backup big for them. More PT here.

Staff hasn't contacted Figueroa from St. Johns. We already have 3 SGs with 2 bigger PGs on roster. Williamson to add to PG depth. Johnson at SF. Smith not a long shot, but also not a lock. Still rooting for them to flip the big from Wofford who has headed to USC to be a backup big for them. More PT here.

Yeah I guess we are good at Guard once adding Williamson.

Surprised to hear you think we have a chance at Smith. Would be a huge addition.

If Wilkins and Williamson can play right away (and if we get Daivien), I guess that's cool. A little bummed about Mac, but not shocked. That could have been fun. Antonio, Williamson, Johnson, and Smith would be solid and get me intrigued for next year beyond just natural new coach intrigued. Could def still use some size.

Last edited:
Johnson will not need a waiver and will play right away for us, Williamson will have to sit a year and will not play until 2021-22 (this of course assuming they commit and are admitted) but that is the case when any transfer comes in. Neath will be the PG and I suppose Adams will back him up unless we can come up with an experience grad PG. We obviously still need 1 or 2 big men for 2020 IMO

Johnson will not need a waiver and will play right away for us, Williamson will have to sit a year and will not play until 2021-22 (this of course assuming they commit and are admitted) but that is the case when any transfer comes in. Neath will be the PG and I suppose Adams will back him up unless we can come up with an experience grad PG. We obviously still need 1 or 2 big men for 2020 IMO

We already have our own Mac MaClung:

Williamson might want to sit out the rebuild from garbage year and then have 2 seasons of playing a huge role on teams that are hopefully tourney bound.

I'm just still clinging to hope that some one-time across the board waiver is granted to transfers this year so we have some bodies next. I don't care if it's realistic or not. At this point I'm cool with trading Sarr and Brown being able to play next year if we can get Williamson and Wilkins on the court.

I feel like both of those guys have a decent shot even without any special waivers. Wilkins got pushed out and historically those have been granted. If Williamson picks Wake, his coach left and he’s moving home.

Both way better cases than someone like Chaundee.

Back