• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Because it's what a decent coach would be left to work with.
Still a far cry from "good."

Neath is a very solid ACC level PG. Sarr is a possible 1st Round NBA pick. Chaundee is a very good ACC/P6 player and borderline NBA pick. With the right coach Massoud is a very good offensive weapon (39.8% on trees for a very long 6'8 guy). Mucius is a high energy guy who helps a lot of teams.

With a real P6 coach, that's a good starting team.

Lineup of Neath, Brown, Zeke, Massoud and Sarr with Dubose coming off the bench for some scoring is actually a decent rotation. Would be nice if Watson can give us 8-10 mpg and if Ingraham is serviceable.

That starting five makes too much sense for Manning. He will start DuBose and sit Massoud. He will value the "leadership" that DuBose will provide despite the fact DuBose hasn't even practiced with this team. He will rationalize Massoud on the bench with the excuse he wants Massoud's offense off the bench. Questionable starting line ups are one of many reasons Manning loses consistently.

That starting five makes too much sense for Manning. He will start DuBose and sit Massoud. He will value the "leadership" that DuBose will provide despite the fact DuBose hasn't even practiced with this team. He will rationalize Massoud on the bench with the excuse he wants Massoud's offense off the bench. Questionable starting line ups are one of many reasons Manning loses consistently.

Agreed

Massoud is a turnover machine. He also seems to miss his shots often and badly. He plays little to no defense because he lacks strength. Hopefully he puts some muscle on his frame.

Massoud is a turnover machine. He also seems to miss his shots often and badly. He plays little to no defense because he lacks strength. Hopefully he puts some muscle on his frame.

Scoop. I agree he needs to gain strength for defensive purposes but for a freshman he was solid offensively last year.

He might lack strength, but what defense is he supposed to learn? When have any players under Manning ever learned or played defense?

He shot 39.8% on threes.

RE: TO machine - in his last TEN games he ZERO TOs in six of them and one TO in two of them.

I've been informed time and time again that our S&C dude is more than just a cheerleader with a beard, so all these necessary physical gains will be no problem!

Massoud had a better defensive rating than Chaundee, Mucius, any year John Collins played, any year Dinos played, Terrence Thompson, and a bunch of other people. So my question is... what the fuck are you talking about?

Massoud had a better defensive rating than Chaundee, Mucius, any year John Collins played, any year Dinos played, Terrence Thompson, and a bunch of other people. So my question is... what the fuck are you talking about?

With Belein as coach, I wouldn't be surprised if Massoud play Stretch 4 on offense and the opponent's SG on D. Mucius long and Chaundee is a man. They would probably play the forwards.

If we had another big and Mucius was sixth man, I think Massoud would be our SG full time. It's his natural position.

This is pointless because Currie is not going to fire manning and Manning will finish in last place with these guys.

Conner says that Chaundee is going through the NBA process then entering the transfer portal if that doesn’t work out. I thought he loved Wake. Why do so many of our rising seniors bail?

Conner says that Chaundee is going through the NBA process then entering the transfer portal if that doesn’t work out. I thought he loved Wake. Why do so many of our rising seniors bail?

To finish the thought, Chaundee is not returning to WF under any scenario. Wow. Wonder the reason behind the wait. Could this be the first of many?

lol

what a fucking disaster

Best of luck to him; can't blame him at all. Feels like a Travis McKie story, martyr to a poor coaching regime.

Back