• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Don't bother him with facts and the words of the player.

Mr no sauces called Manning being back next year, what was your prediction on that again netflix??

Is it your same sauces who guaranteed Manning would be fired in 2019, who guaranteed Manning would be fired in 2018, that Giles was coming to Wake, that Ayo was coming to Wake, etc.?

Makes you wonder!

That quote from Sarr is meaningless. Guys say stuff like that all the time and then turn pro right afterwards. Sarr has been is school 3 years and could easily finish up during Europe pro league off seasons.

It would be much easier to decide to leave with the prospect of campus being closed in the Fall. He could try to find a league that will actually play next year.

It would be much easier to decide to leave with the prospect of campus being closed in the Fall. He could try to find a league that will actually play next year.

Europe is pretty much locked down at the moment. He may have very limited options.

Europe is pretty much locked down at the moment. He may have very limited options.

Think it might make more sense, at least for the time being, to stay at Wake (supported by a scholarship) rather than trying to go pro when no teams are playing.

Some fun facts about WF new recruit Ian Dubose and this past season at Houston Baptist:

HBU was #342 (out of 353 teams). They played at a lightning fast tempo -- 76 possessions a game; #2 in the nation; so, their offensive stats will be inflated because they have more offensive possessions than most teams. HBU was a top half of the country offensive team #175, but they are the 2nd to worst defensive team in the nation with an adjusted defensive efficiency rate of 122.3. HBU played 29 games and gave up 100 points or more 11 times, and 90 or more points 19 times.

DuBose has good size at 6-4 210. He shot 78% from the line, and was one of the best in the country at drawing fouls (6.2 fouls drawn per 40 minutes). DuBose got to the line 200 times this past season in just 29 games. That is a ton of FTs. Last year, WF got to the line more than any other ACC team, and for the Deacs, no one shot more than 180 FTs (Sarr). DuBose is also a decent rebounder for a guard as he had 10 or more 8 times, and averaged 7.8 rebounds a game (again the stat is somewhat inflated due to the number of possessions in HBU games). DuBose finished the season scoring in double figures in 27 straight games, and while the competition was generally weak DuBose did score 20 against Texas Tech (a great defensive team), 16 against Michigan and 18 against Dayton (all in big losses). Finally, DuBose had an epic game against Central Arkansas (a 111-107 HBU win): 44 points on 23 total shots; 11 boards.

DuBose won't come close to his 19 ppg, 7 rpg and 4 apg at HBU, but he does have some offensive skills (really like his FT rate), and he has the size to defend the guard spot (even if he hasn't shown the defensive skills to date). With Neath, Watson, Dubose, Chaundee, the Deacs have some versatility and scoring skills in the backcourt next year.

Last edited:
I liked his hustle. What is his beef?

He may be the worst ranked recruit in history to ever to be offered a scholarship to come play at Wake Forest, but even he has standards and Manning doesn't meet them?

I personally heard Conor state on a radio talk show, within the past week, that Saar would not be returning as long as Manning was the head coach.

Yeah, the Ody Snapchat stuff is a joke, apparently.

Not the greatest joke in the world ... but he's a 20-year-old. Whatever.

Edit to also include: I'm not the best authority on Snapchat, but maybe the "2 months ago from camera roll" part of the picture means he was planning on entering during the season and has since changed his mind.

Last edited:

Edit to also include: I'm not the best authority on Snapchat, but maybe the "2 months ago from camera roll" part of the picture means he was planning on entering during the season and has since changed his mind.

The “2 months ago from camera roll” is referring to when the picture was added to the camera roll. The caption can be put on whenever, but it will still say “2 months ago from camera roll”.

The text is overlayed, meaning that it's separate from the picture. The picture is 2 months old.

Ahhhhhh. Thanks.

The only portal I'll be entering soon is for furlough days. Ten unpaid days before the end of June; pretty much expected some kind of cutbacks.

Ahhhhhh. Thanks.

The only portal I'll be entering soon is for furlough days. Ten unpaid days before the end of June; pretty much expected some kind of cutbacks.

Sorry to hear about the furlough. I guess reduced income with the prospect of still having a job next month is bettet than the alternative, but still sucks.

Stay safe.

Ahhhhhh. Thanks.

Does your contract allow you to do freelance?

Back