• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

This generation's B. Knight?

Pretty much.

A sixth player, PF-C Sophmore Morris Udeze, has also just announced he is transferring from Wichita State. So, in less than a week, Wichita State went from losing just one player, senior center, Jamie Echenique, from a team that was 23-8 and would have made the NCAA tourney. Had no one transferred, for next season the Shockers would've been a pre-season top 25 team, and probably would've been considered the best team from a non-Power 6 conference (other than Gonzaga); this could've been a 30 win team like Marshall coached between 2013-5. Instead, the Shockers are in total rebuild mode, and Marshall is hoping to land Michael Wynn.

Last edited:
It's funny to read the "Player X has been contacted by..." tweets because Wichita State is on EVERY one.

It's like 3 years ago when Collins, Dinos, et al left and Wake Forest was linked to every single player out there and landed Terrence Thompson.

Or 2 years ago when Moore, Crawford, Woods, et al left and we landed Ikenna Smart.

It's funny to read the "Player X has been contacted by..." tweets because Wichita State is on EVERY one.

It's like 3 years ago when Collins, Dinos, et al left and Wake Forest was linked to every single player out there and landed Terrence Thompson.

Or 2 years ago when Moore, Crawford, Woods, et al left and we landed Ikenna Smart.

Good idea.

No coach has a contact for life. If a coach does well enough that you think that, they will have raised expectations from the fans that they deserve that level or better. If the coach can’t maintain that, they are gone.

He played 25.6 mpg which is good for a guy his size. Mattias only averaged about 1 bpg over the past two years.

If Sarr and Ody return, along with a healthy Ingraham, if Mattias comes, I wonder if the new coach would play Sarr at PF for 10 mpg. He could definitely play that slot.

That's gotta be an insurance plan for Sarr leaving. I'm more concerned that our coaching staff is reaching out to potential transfers. Although from the perspective of the staff I'm sure you would operate business as usual until actually shown the door.

That's gotta be an insurance plan for Sarr leaving. I'm more concerned that our coaching staff is reaching out to potential transfers. Although from the perspective of the staff I'm sure you would operate business as usual until actually shown the door.

The person reaching out would be Walters or Woodbery, most likely. They have not been told anything as of right now. They are still coaching as if they will be returning. I wouldn’t worry much about this.

The person reaching out would be Walters or Woodbery, most likely. They have not been told anything as of right now. They are still coaching as if they will be returning. I wouldn’t worry much about this.

You've been coming with a lot of positive vibes recently, and I am a huge fan

You've been coming with a lot of positive vibes recently, and I am a huge fan

I haven’t been able to tell everything I have heard recently, but I’ve given what’s necessary. The basic jist is, everyone not named Danny Manning knows the same amount of information we do. Lots of uncertainty within the program, which is actually very positive for Manning gone vibes.

Just asked my lawyer who is very plugged in about Manning. All I could get was that discussions were underway. Sounded like he was going, but he didn’t say for sure. Last year, he knew Manning was staying but I refused to accept it. That’s all I got.

I haven’t been able to tell everything I have heard recently, but I’ve given what’s necessary. The basic jist is, everyone not named Danny Manning knows the same amount of information we do. Lots of uncertainty within the program, which is actually very positive for Manning gone vibes.

Struggling to reconcile these two...

Back