• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

90-266 at MSM
97-237 JUCO
58-186 at UNLV

That’s pretty high volume.

Childress attempted 154 last year.
White was at 149.

58 3s would have led our team last year.

I can’t imagine he’ll shoot that kind of volume for us, but who knows.

I’m not saying he’s going to be a star, but he’ll sure as shit help us not suck as bad.

Yeah, I’m on board with this kid. He’s got nice size to swing between SG and SF, and shoots the shit out of the ball. Let’s just hope that hand is healed by the time he gets to Winston.

Dude missed a month of the season with UNLV (with a hand injury) and still put up 186 3s!

I’m surprised it wasn’t his elbow that was sore.

58-186 on 3s
3-7 on FTs

That is not a Manning player. Shoots too many 3s and doesn’t get to the line.

I like the pick up. The pit stop at UNLV is a great way for Forbes to get a JUCO player passed admissions. Opens up all of Forbes recruiting avenues and gives the team culture some JUCO flavor. That’s a good thing.

Also am in the camp; use all the open scholarships on grad transfers (except get the Polish guy) to preserve openings for 2021. This move accomplishes that too.

Antonio took 18 two point shots and 168 treys for UNLV. He had a stretch of 7 games when he shot 68 threes (10 per game). Gunner. Not much of a rebounder, but commits few TOS. He and Massoud on each wing should open up the floor.

I like the pick up. The pit stop at UNLV is a great way for Forbes to get a JUCO player passed admissions. Opens up all of Forbes recruiting avenues and gives the team culture some JUCO flavor. That’s a good thing.

Also am in the camp; use all the open scholarships on grad transfers (except get the Polish guy) to preserve openings for 2021. This move accomplishes that too.

The Polish kid looked good in that video. Not sure about level of competition, but he finished strong at the rim, kept the ball high etc.

Don’t see any problem with getting a high volume shooter that plays solid defense. He’ll be here for a year, and he’ll be gone. We have four scholarships open, and Forbes doesn’t seem to be putting a whole lot of effort into the transfer out. Seems like he really wants Zapala. Maybe he’ll move his focus to the transfer portal when if he signs. We have a pretty good group now though. I’m not worrying we’ll have any issues not being able to field a team due to roster size like I was for a little while. Glad a lot of the young guys came back.

So, he's a gunner who doesn't shoot well. And he'll be at his fourth school in five years which is a big red flag. None of the schools are exactly top notch. Sounds selfish and problematic.

Sorry, no thanks...

So, he's a gunner who doesn't shoot well. And he'll be at his fourth school in five years which is a big red flag. None of the schools are exactly top notch. Sounds selfish and problematic.

Sorry, no thanks...

You can’t say he doesn’t shoot well. I imagine he shot some pretty erratic shots at times. Forbes and his staff will most likely have to work with him to dial down the amount of shots he takes, but he has a very fluid and extremely fast release.

https://youtu.be/kHsbsmR7Rp4

I don’t think it’s selfish of him to work himself up the ladder. If he is able to come to Wake, he must be a bright kid with a high chance at being successful in life. I don’t think he’s somebody we should expect to be problematic just because he’s tried to be in a better position in his athletic, and educational career.

Sorry, no thanks...
QFP

6’5, athletic, good defender, doesnt turn the ball over and made 90 3’s twice in a college season which has only been done 3 times in Wake history, hurt his wrist last year as well and he’s gonna be healthy when he plays here, i’ll gladly take him, also i trust Forbes and his staff over RJ so yea i like the pickup.

WE'RE NOT MAD AT YOU, JONAH! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

You can’t say he doesn’t shoot well. I imagine he shot some pretty erratic shots at times. Forbes and his staff will most likely have to work with him to dial down the amount of shots he takes, but he has a very fluid and extremely fast release.

https://youtu.be/kHsbsmR7Rp4

I don’t think it’s selfish of him to work himself up the ladder. If he is able to come to Wake, he must be a bright kid with a high chance at being successful in life. I don’t think he’s somebody we should expect to be problematic just because he’s tried to be in a better position in his athletic, and educational career.

Lot of people have pretty shots that don't go in.

I hope he's a bright kid, but his college and JuCo choices don't show any academic interests.

We are really desperate if we are fighting for a guy who went to Mt. St. Mary's, a dubious JuCo and UNLV. At four year schools he has shot about 32% on a high volume of threes.

If we get him, I hope he proves me wrong. But he has done nothing to show he can come close to playing in the ACC.

Back