• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

i feel better now about that 42% considering he only took 7 fts all year. dude probably won't set foot inside the 3 point line the entire year.

And Jonah Antonio gets huge major bonus points for being the very first guy to see the vision of Stone Cold Steve Forbes at Wake Forest. He may or may not be any good but he will always have that!

Last edited:
Decent size for the wing. Catch and shoot with a quick release and deep range. Doesn't turn the ball over. Could be instant offense off the bench. If he misses his first couple, sit him. A 10-12 minute bench player who could occasionally give the team a lift if he's hitting. Adds depth and preserves a scholarship for 2021-22.

6'5"

Australian

Fires up a ton of 3s with no conscience.

Travels across the US a year at a time, meeting a fresh set of co-eds at every stop.

I'm a little jealous.

I like the new 2G from Australia. Leave him open and he'll drain the 3, man can't sag off him, creates better spacing. He knows his role. Shoots 3s and makes them, doesn't turn it over, and plays serviceable D. He's not trying to be something he's not. Those are good role players.

Hey RJ, how about some reading comprehension you big moron ?!?!?

Wake has reached out to Mac McClung https://247sports.com/college/baske...ung-Georgetown-Transfer-Basketball-147127366/ I've watched him a lot - size and shot selection aren't great, but very athletic and can score in bunches. Will have a deep list of schools after him. One advantage Wake may have is geography as he's from the VA/Tennessee border area

Went back and read some of his HS recruiting stuff. He originally was a football and basketball guy, but gave up football. He is from Gate City, VA, Josh Shoemaker's hometown.

His overall FG of 39% isn't a lot higher than his 3PT% (32). Considering his reputation as a dunker, somehow he is missing a lot of twos. His FT% (80) is really good.

He had a foot injury last spring and apparently came back too soon (3 weeks) but was unable to play more than a few minutes in one game (vs Syr). He never played for Georgetown again. The narrative on who rushed his return should be explored. I haven't heard anything public.

He was starting PG at Georgetown. 2.4 APG/1.8 TO (1.33 A/TO ratio.) He is 6-2. Where does he fit at Wake? He dunks better than Neath. Can he be effective as a 2G?

I would be surprised if he went somewhere and wasn't the starter.

Last edited:
I love the Antonio commitment. A long, athletic shooter in Forbes "5 out" is really dangerous. Having shooters in this system makes it really hard to guard because the defense can't sag. This will allow all kinds of driving lanes to the basket.

Antonio played 22 minutes a game at UNLV, and made 11 turnovers for the year.

If all you do is catch and shoot, less opportunity for a turnover...
I'm all in on this recruit, just saying that stat may not reflect the quality of his handle.

Antonio missed 7 games because of injury, and played less than 10 minutes in 4 others.

So, in the 21 games that Antonio played 11 or more minutes, Antonio shot 8 or more three pointers 11 times. Antonio had a game against New Mexico where he played 23 minutes and took 13 threes. This is apparently with an injured hand for all or most of the year. So, if Antonio is in the game, the ball is going up from deep.

This past season as a team, Wake Forest players shot 8 or more treys in a game 8 times. Chill 4 times and White 4 times.

Back