• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

We need talent more than anything. In this case, Forbes knows better than anyone if Williamson can make it in the ACC. If he feels that he can make an impact, you don’t hold him off. Especially with at least 3 open ‘ships.

McClung and Williamson could play on the floor together. You could add Neath as well in a three guard line up. Mac may play best as a two. He plays to put points on the board. Williamson looks quick plus, but seems aware and in control with the ball in his hands. Drive and dish but a good shot as well. Neath showed signs of making a big step up as a PG. He was a pass ahead of everyone at the end of the season and his strength to the hoop looks good. His shot developed as well. A nice problem for a coach. Five out would be interesting.

That would be three small guards. Neath would be the tallest at 6'3. Without two big guys behind them, it could be a lot of trouble.

McClung and Williamson could play on the floor together. You could add Neath as well in a three guard line up. Mac may play best as a two. He plays to put points on the board. Williamson looks quick plus, but seems aware and in control with the ball in his hands. Drive and dish but a good shot as well. Neath showed signs of making a big step up as a PG. He was a pass ahead of everyone at the end of the season and his strength to the hoop looks good. His shot developed as well. A nice problem for a coach. Five out would be interesting.

https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/status/1263257016707022853?s=21
Looks like Mac wants to primarily play the 1 wherever he lands.

I’m all for getting Williamson and Mac if Watson doesn’t end up at Wake, but not a fan of all 3 + Neath. I think using that extra scholly on a wing or a big would be more useful, but whatever Forbes chooses to do is definitely what is best.

Ultimately, I think we land Johnson and 1 of Mac or Williamson. Also don’t feel great about the Watson stuff. A big would be huge, but the only one I’d be willing to use a scholly on is Wiznitzer (if he chose to reclass which is unlikely). Play small next season and go hard for a t125 ‘21 big or solid transfer big.

Are we really all that certain to land Johnson though? Hadn't he already signed at ETSU before Forbes left?

Mac, Neath, Williamson and Watson are small. They all want to play the point. Not optimal, not likely either. At this point it's fantasy and conjecture anyway so it doesn't need to make sense. As a unit, those four would provide more quality and potential at guard than Wake has had in a long time.

Mac, Neath, Williamson and Watson are small. They all want to play the point. Not optimal, not likely either. At this point it's fantasy and conjecture anyway so it doesn't need to make sense. As a unit, those four would provide more quality and potential at guard than Wake has had in a long time.

Neath is probably the largest PG we've ever had.

Hey Forbes, why haven't you assembled the perfect roster according to RJ yet ? Huh ? How are we supposed to allocate minutes when you have short guards ?

I'll take my answer off the air !!!

Would somebody please be Biff's friend? Or give him a ride to rehab? Or a mental facility?

I wonder if the staff is interested in Torry Johnson 2.0?

Isaiah Washington transferring from Iona

Ervin Murray says hi.

I was aware of Ervin....he was about 6'5" but much thinner. Neath is wide and fairly strong. He has an NBA guard body. You could tell he realized this more the last half of the season as he made moves inside more frequently.

Back