• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke - Time to Break the Streak

Pilchard

Reaction score
May have missed a game, but looking back at the media guide, looks like WF has not beaten Duke @ Cameron since January 11, 1997, Tim Duncan's senior year, when WF won 81-69 (Duncan was 4-0 at Cameron). I count 15 consecutive losses at Cameron, and of those 15 losses, 8 of them have been by 20 or more. WF has not lost by less than 10 points at Duke during that time frame; yes, not one close loss in the last 15 trips to Duke. Maybe Duke will look past WF as the Devils close the regular season at UNC next weekend.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the streak will continue for at least one more year.

Ok this doesn't count as a game thread though, 83's handling that

Duncan going 4-0 in Cameron gets even more impressive as the years go by. That has to be a pretty short list of players who got 4 wins in Cameron.

Duncan going 4-0 in Cameron gets even more impressive as the years go by. That has to be a pretty short list of players who got 4 wins in Cameron.

Agree; WF has had some very good teams after Duncan including a team that was ranked #1, and the ACC Regular season winners, but no WF team has been close to beating Duke at Cameron since Duncan left.

Last edited:

Let's not forget Mr. Childress helping with this record. The game-winning three pointer over Grant Hill in Cameron is a close second to THE SHOT against Orange County Community College (UNC-CH)

Let's not forget Mr. Childress helping with this record. The game-winning three pointer over Grant Hill in Cameron is a close second to THE SHOT against Orange County Community College (UNC-CH)

Wake won 5 straight at Cameron, starting in 1993 when RR had what was maybe his best game as a Deac. It also started a 9 game winning streak against Duke.

Wake won 5 straight at Cameron, starting in 1993 when RR had what was maybe his best game as a Deac. It also started a 9 game winning streak against Duke.

Yes. I remember RR playing like a man among little boys in Cameron. Rodney Rogers, Tim Duncan and Len Bias may have had the best three performances I can ever recall in that dump. All three literally took over their respective games and beat Rat Face with superior skills.

Coredeac: "Let's not forget Mr. Childress helping with this record. The game-winning three pointer over Grant Hill in Cameron is a close second to THE SHOT against Orange County Community College (UNC-CH) "

Agree- Yes, vividly remember watching that game on TV. Wake down 2, RC put up the shot with little time left. It was a '3', we realized watching on TV, but most in Cameron, including Duke, thought it was a 2 (to tie). A few seconds later they realized it was indeed a 3, and they were behind. Near panic, and we held on. Great win.

I remember the 95 commencement speaker Judy Woodruff -- a Duke graduate -- saying she was really there on behalf of Coach K to make sure Childress was actually graduating. He owed Duke.

Don't forget Childress throwing his gum at the Crazies.

i know he is not there anymore but the "no means no" sign should make a comeback for coach k to see. he does appear to like those players with... accusations... on their records.

Last edited:
Back