• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke - Time to Break the Streak

The unknown question is how much wiggle room the administration has given the coaches to deal with recruits. Grobe gave up, and Fuckface [Redacted] was completely incompetent, but the talent on both of the revenue sports has dropped dramatically from 2009 until now. Is that because the coaches just didn't get it done, or is that because the type of recruit that will be granted admission to Wake has changed?

D: A stunning lack of an AFAM department.

Meanwhile, the All-Academic basketball team announced today. 22 players, none from Wake Forest.
@theACC: 2015 All-ACC Academic Men’s Basketball Team Announced: http://t.co/fKHDKbKorT #ACCMBB

Tell me again why we went on self- imposed probation for four years? Oh yeah, culture.

The unknown question is how much wiggle room the administration has given the coaches to deal with recruits. Grobe gave up, and Fuckface [Redacted] was completely incompetent, but the talent on both of the revenue sports has dropped dramatically from 2009 until now. Is that because the coaches just didn't get it done, or is that because the type of recruit that will be granted admission to Wake has changed?

Yeah that's a good question. Based on Clawson and manning so far, however, I am hopeful.

Meanwhile, the All-Academic basketball team announced today. 22 players, none from Wake Forest.
@theACC: 2015 All-ACC Academic Men’s Basketball Team Announced: http://t.co/fKHDKbKorT #ACCMBB

Tell me again why we went on self- imposed probation for four years? Oh yeah, culture.
LOL, 7 Louisville players

S.Mitchell got 10 minutes of pt in Vandy's win last night. It is hard to figure why he went there in the first place. They have 3 freshmen guards playing well that are ahead of him.

Not many programs have scholarships available that late in the game.

S.Mitchell got 10 minutes of pt in Vandy's win last night. It is hard to figure why he went there in the first place. They have 3 freshmen guards playing well that are ahead of him.

He can't shoot but MFD can and he would be a deacon now but for Bzz. Haas too.

Do they just go by GPA? Don't they take into account that WFU was ranked by USNews as the #11 undergrad school in the nation regarding teaching. I get so sick and tired of hearing about 3.7 GPAs from people who attend large community college type universities .

Do they just go by GPA? Don't they take into account that WFU was ranked by USNews as the #11 undergrad school in the nation regarding teaching. I get so sick and tired of hearing about 3.7 GPAs from people who attend large community college type universities .

The ACC takes the grades the school gives them, for whatever the classes the athletes take. Advanced Nuclear Physics or AFAM120. all are equal for this honor.

Well it is strange if S. Mitchell didn't come to Wake because of Mitchell W. because their games don't overlap at all. Of course, the last thing we need is another guard who can't shoot.

MFD is starting to play well. I was staying at the Marriott when the coaching staff was trying to recruit him. Something went seriously wrong and the kid committed to Vandy on his way out of town.

I mean, they gave him the starting point guard position to begin with. He lost it after the Rutgers debacle. He couldn't have asked for a better opportunity - he's simply not ready for the speed of the college game. And he can't shoot. His minutes had fallen off and they've now gone 10 straight games without him scoring more than 2 points.

Whether he's a project that will pan out or a total bust - Manning recognized he was the last thing we needed and pulled off a great move getting Wilbekin, who was the only Wake player to score against Duke for the first 10 minutes.

Really wish Leonard had panned out as well, or Moto had stayed - this year really could have had us in that 8-9 ACC win count pretty easily.

So what streak did we break last night? Maybe the streak of scoring at least 20 points in the first half of games at Cameron Indoor Outhouse?

Yes, DM is better than one of the worst coaches to ever coach in the ACC. No argument from me.

It's also the fewest we've had on the roster since at least 1998-99 (RSCI only goes back to 98). The point is that it's been a very long time since the cupboard was as bare as what Manning walked into. Under the circumstances he's acquitted himself just fine.

There aren't seven scholarship players on that team that can even spell Louisville. Hell, the head coach can't spell Louisville, but I'll bet he can tell you which sorority house has the most compliant women.

There aren't seven scholarship players on that team that can even spell Louisville. Hell, the head coach can't spell Louisville, but I'll bet he can tell you which sorority house has the most compliant women.
Lmao

Back