• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke - Time to Break the Streak

Devin Thomas quit on this team down the stretch this season.

What happened in the first half. I was listening while cooking and the TV guys were saying Devin's emotions got out of control. Then he was shootin a T.

Don't think I've ever seen so many open 3 point shots. How close are we on average to the shooter? 6-7 ft?

Its worth noting that both instances, we are seeing an elite team for a second time. This is the first year that Manning has had to try to match adjustments with top tier teams. On the other hand, duke and uva have a lot more to work with adjustment wise.

Exactly. Not to mention our guys are still learning the fundamentals of basketball...let alone how to counter a specific team.

Devin Thomas quit on this team down the stretch this season.

I don't disagree with this either. In my eyes, benching him is the right move.

Calling for his transfer? Insisting that we'd be better without him? Not helpful.

What happened in the first half. I was listening while cooking and the TV guys were saying Devin's emotions got out of control. Then he was shootin a T.

His reputation amongst commentators worked against him. He has actually been quite composed thus far.

Its worth noting that both instances, we are seeing an elite team for a second time. This is the first year that Manning has had to try to match adjustments with top tier teams. On the other hand, duke and uva have a lot more to work with adjustment wise.

Yes, good point. And in both of the original matchups, we were in the game until the very end. We came out with excellent gameplans (Dinos pic and pop; Leonard on Okafor) which were subsequently copied by other coaches with better effect. Agreed that we've come off very poorly in the second matchups.

Anybody remember when Wellman stated 5-6 years ago that we were going to build a program comprised of tough, hard-nosed 4-year players who mastered the fundamentals. Never seen a higher level athletic administrator get a freer pass than RW has

I keep thinking this is the ugliest thing I've sever seen - then they show a shot of the Duke coeds.

Are we playing that much better this half or did K take foot off the gas?

Anybody remember when Wellman stated 5-6 years ago that we were going to build a program comprised of tough, hard-nosed 4-year players who mastered the fundamentals. Never seen a higher level athletic administrator get a freer pass than RW has

Hatch is pretty thrilled that his team is #12 in the country right now.

Man, plama is struggling -- currently #6 in my "duke thread kenpom-troll-rankings".

To be fair, one was at the hands of one of the best defenses in NCAA history, and the other was at the most difficult venue in college basketball. Both teams top 5.

Not that I don't think we should have been competitive, but its not like we were [Redacted]-beat down by shit basement dwellers.

It's the ACC. If you do NOT play at least a couple of games against top five teams then it's a very down year for the league.

You can come up with all the excuses you want. Division I teams should not lose this badly to anyone, ever. When they do, there is trouble brewing in the program.

Back