• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Game 16: UVA @ LJVM -- Saturday 2 pm - ESPN2

With the wear black campaign for this game, is it expected the players are going to wear the black jerseys at the Joel?

maybe UVA is going orange? Can't imagine they'd do their home whites in Winston and we can't do navy blue vs. black

maybe UVA is going orange? Can't imagine they'd do their home whites in Winston and we can't do navy blue vs. black
They are going to bring that boring ass form of basketball to Winston, might as well dress the part too.

Morning all. One day away from Wake Forest-Virginia, which means another edition of both the BOTG Pod and our previews on BSD.

All your traditional stuff in the preview: game info, history, the metrics, roster analysis, my take, keys to the game and prediction. Plus, some notes on how this season is just beginning for Wake Forest. You can read all that here.

EP 23 of the BOTG Pod has a very special guest, Conor O'Neill, who joins me for 25 minutes of refs, replays, Alabama football, the metrics and, of course, Wake Forest basketball. That segment is sandwiched by my thoughts on the FSU game and my Virginia preview. Listen below:

As always, thanks for listening/reading!

UVA should bring back the garbage bag giant unis they had in the early/mid-2000s

Morning all. One day away from Wake Forest-Virginia, which means another edition of both the BOTG Pod and our previews on BSD.

All your traditional stuff in the preview: game info, history, the metrics, roster analysis, my take, keys to the game and prediction. Plus, some notes on how this season is just beginning for Wake Forest. You can read all that here.

EP 23 of the BOTG Pod has a very special guest, Conor O'Neill, who joins me for 25 minutes of refs, replays, Alabama football, the metrics and, of course, Wake Forest basketball. That segment is sandwiched by my thoughts on the FSU game and my Virginia preview. Listen below:

As always, thanks for listening/reading!

Gameday bump of the previews we have at BSD and BOTG.

Link to written preview in message above, as well as ways to access our podcast on Apple and Spotify. News and notes to come from me in a few hours at the Joel.

With the wear black campaign for this game, is it expected the players are going to wear the black jerseys at the Joel?
Under Bennett, I think they've only worn navy and white unis. Don't recall any orange so expect the whites.

UVA is 0-3 on the road this year losing by 23, 22, and 16. Wake is 9-0 at home. The game is projected for 60 possessions with UVA coming in as the 322nd fastest offense and 2nd slowest defense. Wake has only played one game this year under 65 possessions, against Towson who is the third slowest offense in the country. Obviously UVA slows it down on both ends of the court (as we all know the packline forces teams to pass it around, running the clock).

Fascinating game stylistically and agreed with WRS, this is as about as big as a game gets at this stage in the season both for positioning in the ACC to move to 4-1, not dropping a home game (needing to tack on an additional road win for later on), and the relative bubble at large.

Reactions: WRS
Back