• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Game 16: UVA @ LJVM -- Saturday 2 pm - ESPN2

I have to think Wake wouldn’t give this benefit to its employees unless there is a reciprocal arrangement with other schools and no money changes hands. Does anyone know?
At Wake it’s at any school and you get around $12,000 per year for tuition for dependent children (after a waiting period - 5 years currently). ETA, for a current hire, you’d get 80% of tuition and fees paid for dependent children at Wake.

I have to think Wake wouldn’t give this benefit to its employees unless there is a reciprocal arrangement with other schools and no money changes hands. Does anyone know?

At Wake the children of faculty get 90% off tuition at Wake and get UNC tuition ($10,000) at any other school.

At Duke the children of faculty have to pay up to UNC tuition but then Duke will cover the rest. So if a kid goes to Northwestern, for example, the faculty member pays $10,000 but then Duke pays the rest. It’s incentivized for the kids not to go to UNC.

(Note that my info is for med school faculty. For undergrad faculty the deal is similar with just slight differences in the numbers, as Wakelaw2006 notes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back